Hacking R4i Gold Revolution (r4ids.cn)

Exterminated

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I bought an R4 about a week ago. Its worked fine that whole time. Only recently though, when I try to play my R4, I get white screens.
I did not do anything different to my R4 in this period, I've just been playing games. Earlier that morning, it worked fine, but I go to turn it on and it just won't work.

I have formatted my SD card, tried multiple firmwares from r4ids.cn, (Address printed on my card) tried Wood R4 (Kernel that was on the site I ordered it from, r4wood.com. I originally used this, and it worked without a hitch.) Searched for hours on google, tried using different games, or a different DS, cleaned the card slot, SD card slot, and R4 contacts, used Panasonic SD Formatter, and no matter what, I still get these white screens.

I don't know if my card is broken, or if somehow I've done something wrong, but all the issues I've seen other people have, they've either just corrupted something, or messed up an update. Their problems were fixed by just formatting, updating, or getting a new kernel. My issue is persistent, no matter what I do.

I can't even load the R4's menu. If I select my card (Shows up as Meet the Robinsons on my DS Lite) there is no loading screen or anything, it just cuts to a white screen and stays there.

Someone help me please?
Thanks.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Sounds like your card has died. You seem to have done all the right stuff to correct any normal issue but I think in this case your card is faulty. Contact your retailer and see if you can get a replacement one.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it is a r4i gold(r4ids.cn) , just take it easy.

You should do as the procedures listed below:
1.You should get a NDSL and another tf card to boot up V142_Patch_NDSL.nds
2.Just do as the procedures listed in readme.txt attached with this updating patch.

Attention:You should complete this updating process with a NDSL.

Exterminated

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tranfeer said:
If it is a r4i gold(r4ids.cn) , just take it easy.

You should do as the procedures listed below:
1.You should get a NDSL and another tf card to boot up V142_Patch_NDSL.nds
2.Just do as the procedures listed in readme.txt attached with this updating patch.

Attention:You should complete this updating process with a NDSL.
How can I do this if the R4 Menu won't even come up, though?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It is possible, but you need another flashcard and a DS Lite/Phat. Run the update on the other card, then switch around before starting the update.

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do I understand this correctly: your card worked okay and then all of a sudden stopped working? In that case do you have an DSi and could it be that there was an upgrade of the DSi prior to the the moment that it stopped working?

In that case the DSi went to version 1.4.2 while your card is still supporting at most 1.4.1 (and hence doesn't work any more). You need another DS (or DSi which is still on 1.4.1) but in that case you do not need another flashcard. Your flashcard will still work on the older DS en DSi versions and you can do the normal upgrade to 1.4.2.

Of course this is only valid if this is the problem, otherwise you also need another flashcard and swap as user tranfeer described. In the forum is another thread about a R4i Gold update gone wrong which has the same instructions in more detail so maybe also look there how to get the upgrade on the non-working flashcard.

Good advice is to be careful with DSi updates, first check if your flashcard will work or needs an update and only upgrade the DSi after the flashcard is made compatible with the DSi upgrade. Some can not be updated, in that case never upgrade the DSi.

Exterminated

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stropdasje said:
Do I understand this correctly: your card worked okay and then all of a sudden stopped working? In that case do you have an DSi and could it be that there was an upgrade of the DSi prior to the the moment that it stopped working?

In that case the DSi went to version 1.4.2 while your card is still supporting at most 1.4.1 (and hence doesn't work any more). You need another DS (or DSi which is still on 1.4.1) but in that case you do not need another flashcard. Your flashcard will still work on the older DS en DSi versions and you can do the normal upgrade to 1.4.2.

Of course this is only valid if this is the problem, otherwise you also need another flashcard and swap as user tranfeer described. In the forum is another thread about a R4i Gold update gone wrong which has the same instructions in more detail so maybe also look there how to get the upgrade on the non-working flashcard.

Good advice is to be careful with DSi updates, first check if your flashcard will work or needs an update and only upgrade the DSi after the flashcard is made compatible with the DSi upgrade. Some can not be updated, in that case never upgrade the DSi.
Thanks for the advice (Everyone else included)

Do you think you could provide a link to that thread you mentioned, or a topic title for me to search?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1