Hacking R4i Gold Pro (www.<snip>.com) New Kernel+firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm still wondering why is this happening; but the colombian distributor of this flashcart has released a new kernel plus the firmware update, i have just tested and both are working great.

Here is the link to their website:

slatis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nope, if you check the official site there is nothing yet, neither the firmware update nor a new kernel, actually i have ask to one of their assistants and they told me that the new kernel was made by them and its only temporary while the official site release something.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait, the kernel, or the firmware? The kernel is what stays on the MicroSD and is responsible for game compatibility, while the firmware is cart-specific (which means the store is likely run by part of the cart's team) and is responsible for DSi/3DS updates.

Or it could be the usual "repackage RGF's fixes" thing some teams like to do...

slatis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Both files, neither the new firmware update nor the new kernel are in the official site. I dont know what they did; but the colombian distributor released a new kernel that works with pokemon b/w 2 without any issue,

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
RGF = RetroGameFan, this guy.
http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases
And considering they're calling it "RetroGame" there, I'm assuming that it really is just RGF's stuff repackaged.

... and stuck behind adfly, which makes them money. I don't think that's right.

EDIT: Yeah they're using adfly and it's still hosted on the site, which shows they're just repackaging RGF's work for money, that's not right.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
they are sending in reports to filetrip about other firmwares as well. they stated "we are the official reseller, we have the server space to host the files, please take them down". naturally, i refused. =)

-another world

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Both files, neither the new firmware update nor the new kernel are in the official site. I dont know what they did; but the colombian distributor released a new kernel that works with pokemon b/w 2 without any issue,

there both on the site

they have been there for days now

these guys are just advert scammers

its bundled with RGF's kernel also which i dont believe he would of given permission

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can confirm that no permission was asked nor given to use or redistribute my updates/DATs and yes all they have done is repackage my 3 DATs (extinfo.dat, infolib.dat and savlib.dat) from my v6.88 update, so PLEASE REMOVE all links from this thread.

Also, it just that little bit too co-incidental that slatis asked about this cart earlier today in my update thread, and low and behold, not long after, (within 1/2 hour) that site has this new 'kernal' and slatis began to post a couple posts containing that download link (the same as in this first post) and then the 'owner' ReyStoreComercial also posts in my update thread.

To summise, this is nothing more than blatant advertising for a clone cart that without my update would have ZERO SUPPORT, so please warn both above mentioned users and lock this thread

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not going to warn slatis since he seems to be against ReyStoreComercial, but I'm taking action against him.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning