R4i Gold Pro (www.<snip>.com) New Kernel+firmware update!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by slatis, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slatis
    OP

Newcomer slatis Advanced Member

Colombia
    I'm still wondering why is this happening; but the colombian distributor of this flashcart has released a new kernel plus the firmware update, i have just tested and both are working great.

Here is the link to their website:

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The team itself did it (and it's on the site), the store is just mirroring it from what I've read.

3. slatis
    OP

Colombia
    Nope, if you check the official site there is nothing yet, neither the firmware update nor a new kernel, actually i have ask to one of their assistants and they told me that the new kernel was made by them and its only temporary while the official site release something.

4. Rydian

United States
    Wait, the kernel, or the firmware? The kernel is what stays on the MicroSD and is responsible for game compatibility, while the firmware is cart-specific (which means the store is likely run by part of the cart's team) and is responsible for DSi/3DS updates.

Or it could be the usual "repackage RGF's fixes" thing some teams like to do...

5. slatis
    OP

Colombia
    Both files, neither the new firmware update nor the new kernel are in the official site. I dont know what they did; but the colombian distributor released a new kernel that works with pokemon b/w 2 without any issue,

6. Rydian

United States
    RGF = RetroGameFan, this guy.
    http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases
    And considering they're calling it "RetroGame" there, I'm assuming that it really is just RGF's stuff repackaged.

... and stuck behind adfly, which makes them money. I don't think that's right.

EDIT: Yeah they're using adfly and it's still hosted on the site, which shows they're just repackaging RGF's work for money, that's not right.

7. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Best plan of action now is to tell RGF and then have him threaten to stop making updates :D.

8. Rydian

United States
    I just went and posted in his thread when I saw that the store was even telling people not to mirror it on filetrip (so they could get the ad money).

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    they are sending in reports to filetrip about other firmwares as well. they stated "we are the official reseller, we have the server space to host the files, please take them down". naturally, i refused. =)

-another world

10. ryanlaw
    This message by ryanlaw has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Oct 12, 2012
  11. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    there both on the site

they have been there for days now

these guys are just advert scammers

its bundled with RGF's kernel also which i dont believe he would of given permission

12. retrogamefan

Member retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    I can confirm that no permission was asked nor given to use or redistribute my updates/DATs and yes all they have done is repackage my 3 DATs (extinfo.dat, infolib.dat and savlib.dat) from my v6.88 update, so PLEASE REMOVE all links from this thread.

Also, it just that little bit too co-incidental that slatis asked about this cart earlier today in my update thread, and low and behold, not long after, (within 1/2 hour) that site has this new 'kernal' and slatis began to post a couple posts containing that download link (the same as in this first post) and then the 'owner' ReyStoreComercial also posts in my update thread.

To summise, this is nothing more than blatant advertising for a clone cart that without my update would have ZERO SUPPORT, so please warn both above mentioned users and lock this thread

13. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I'm not going to warn slatis since he seems to be against ReyStoreComercial, but I'm taking action against him.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.