R4i Gold Pro 2013 after updating

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tycoonajv, Aug 13, 2013.

1. tycoonajv
    OP

tycoonajv Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2012
    An update just been released recently. Right now I just updated my R4 it was successful showed the Main Menu of R4 Gold Pro 2013 but when I play a game it only shows a white screen and it does not load any more.. did I do something wrong?..

2. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    No you did nothing wrong. This company is making poor decisions lately with regards to there past customers although for the price they make some of the better budget cards.

The released a new revision of the 2013 cards and the new kernel they are putting up (1.60 and greater) will not work with the "old" 2013 cards produced in the first half of the year. Supposedly they did this because another company was producing a clone of this card so now they locked out the clone (of a clone) card and also screwed there old customers too.

If you have a backup of the 1.52 kernel put that back on. If not send them a message to send you the 1.52 kernel. If you want to update the kernel in the future for game compatibility use RetroGameFan's dats (see the stickied topic). Use the dats in the r4isdhc.com folder as they are customized for better game compatibility with the hacked 1.25 Wood kernel that they are using for this card.

PS: also don't try to update the card to work with 3DS 6.2 as it will mess up the card.

3. tycoonajv
    OP

tycoonajv Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2012
    To late to late..already update the card..

I am only stuck at the menu of kernel..playing games gives me white screen...

4. pangloss

pangloss Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2010
    Italy
    I did update the card and you're right I'm now in trouble, but I'm wondering if it could be recovered with the old wood UI for DSTT that I'm tryng to find, or a RetroGameFan future version... :)

.pan.

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  6. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    YSMenu doesn't work with these cards (white dual core or new/2013 gold pro) and has actually bricked some cards just by trying to boot it up (although hard to believe...).

The kernel from the official website already is a further hacked and customized "Wood R4 1.25 for DSTT" with extinfo.dat, infolib.dat and now "mixinfo.dat" in the latest 1.60 kernel side loaded for compatibility fixes.