Hacking R4i Gold Plus Save Management Issue

SaitouSad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys, would really appreciate some help with this matter.

So I got a R4i Gold Plus cart recently, and everything went fine (loaded the latest firmware and dumped my roms into a folder into the cart).

So I got to playing Dawn of Sorrow, and just 2 days ago, decided to upgrade my micro SD card to a larger one. So I copied everything from the old microsd card to the new 16Gb MicroSD card.

However, the flashcart is apparently unable to read the save file in the new microsd card, and instead starts a brand new save (possibly overwriting). This seems to affect the other roms I've tried.

This also affected my other roms such as Portrait of Ruins (it also can't play now on the newer microSD card, I keep getting aome romSave file not found error).

So my 1st question is, does anybody here have any idea why this is happening and how R4i Gold Plus manages save files? Could it be some settings I may have accidentally changed that causes this?

So this got me thinking about what would happen if I upgraded the flashcart firmware down the road.

Appreciate any help and advice from other R4i Gold Plus cart users here.

Cheers!

Reactions: 1 person

SaitouSad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for your reply.

I've tried formatting the SD card before, and the problem is the same.
When using the old microsd card, the save can still be read fine. That is why I'm deducing that there is some kinda setting or difference in the way the R4i Gold Plus makes/reads saves.

Is it like the old R4 where as long as you have the .sav file, it reads the save from that file? (So as long as the file names are the same).

SaitouSad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for your suggestion.

The problem is, the newer micro SD can still read and save games just fine. Just that it can't seem to read the save I copied from the older Micro SD.

I use the same card readers for all of my microsd cards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end