Hacking R4i Gold Plus problems!

treesmoker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

A friend of mine is going on holiday with her 3 children that own 1x DSi and 2x DSi XL's and they were looking for flashcards.

So after browsing the web R4i Gold Plus seemed to be a good bet as they work with both models of DSi.

I went through a site which was recommended on 3dsiso.com, however the site then redirected me to http://r4town.com/products/R4i-Gold-Pro-card-for-3DS-V4.2.0-and-DSi-V1.4.4.html where we brought the cards.

The cards state that they are compatible with:
Nintendo DSi/DSiLL/DSiXL: DSi V1.4.5, DSi V1.4.4, V1.4.2, V1.4.1, V1.4.

so 3 cards turned up in the post today, and I have downloaded and followed the steps found here:

http://r4town.com/pages/R4i-Gold-Plus-Kernel.html

However When I plug the cart into a standard DSi, it recognizes the card and displays "SpongeBob Squarepants THQ" but when I press A to load the card i get a black screen with "Loading..." on the top screen.

The DSi I have for testing is a EU v1.4.1

Perhaps I have the wrong kernal? need a firmware upgrade? (dont have a firmware upgrader, kit didn't come with it)

Any help would be much appreciated...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Firmware upgrades on modern flash carts are done by placing files on the MicroSD and running them like you would a game, which means the cart can't have been blocked yet. But that's not the problem here, it's the kernel.

I'm not familiar with that specific clone/knockoff though, just try whatever downloads are available on the site printed on that.

Reactions: treesmoker

treesmoker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys, thank you for the quick response, however I think I may have answered my own question :-D

I followed the second link I posted to r4gold.com and updated the kernal on the SD card, and suddenly the card was recognised by the DSi and all the games started working!

Now to update the firmware!

one more question.... can any of the modern card actually play DSi games? or is it only standard DS games that play?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night