Hacking R4I GOLD PLUS New kernel release !

etcome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
firmware v1.4

1.Support slow-motion function.
2.Support Real-Time-Save function.
3.Support Real-Time-Game-Guide function.

2012-1-12 PLUS kernel v2.0
new2.gif

1.Games from 5906 to 5950 are revised.
2.Support slow-motion function.
3.Support Real-Time-Save function.
4.Support Real-Time-Game-Guide function.
5.New skin is added.
6.Cheat datebase is updated and expanded.
7.Update of cheats is compatible with UTF8 format. Please name the UTF8 format cheat file "usrcheat.dat" and copy it to the cheats directory .

Note: The increase in real-time feature requires firmware 1.4 or higher with use.

download

:) :)

http://www.r4ids.com/index.php/en/r4i-gold-plus-download

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this 2 days ago and does anyone here actually own one of these cards? If so, care to comment on how it measures up to say EZ Flash Vi or M3i Zero?

joesmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this 2 days ago and does anyone here actually own one of these cards? If so, care to comment on how it measures up to say EZ Flash Vi or M3i Zero?
I've got one. I wanted a flashcart that wouldn't require a DS lite to update the firmware so the firmware burner capabilities of the R4i Gold Plus was a big selling point. There are not too many carts out there with that ability especially at that price. This was my first dive into flash carts so I don't have any experience with the EZ Flash VI or M3i Zero to compare it to. The cart works good and I've had no problems but one issue and that's not being able to have the roms named alphabetically. For me this a big negative. If you have a bunch of roms on your micro SD card named alphabetically you will get errors loading some of them and they will fail to load. In order to avoid this you have to keep the rom number in front of the game but then your roms are mixed up and harder to locate. Of course this probably wouldn't be an issue for some people but for others it might be a problem. Other than that its a pretty good cart that's easy to use.

Reactions: 1 person

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cart works good and I've had no problems but one issue and that's not being able to have the roms named alphabetically. For me this a big negative. If you have a bunch of roms on your micro SD card named alphabetically you will get errors loading some of them and they will fail to load. In order to avoid this you have to keep the rom number in front of the game but then your roms are mixed up and harder to locate. Of course this probably wouldn't be an issue for some people but for others it might be a problem. Other than that its a pretty good cart that's easy to use.
What I was really getting at is how well the RTS works. :D It's interesting that listing roms alphabetically would cause any flash card to produce errors. Have you tried to format using a formater produced to specifically format Micro sdhc cards, Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1 (Google it and download). Back up all your files to your PC, and then go ahead with formatting, keeping the default settings. Once it is finished, place all your files back onto your micro sd card. Your alphabetical problem should disappear. Report back to help others if they run into the same issue. Thank you.

joesmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I was really getting at is how well the RTS works. :D It's interesting that listing roms alphabetically would cause any flash card to produce errors. Have you tried to format using a formater produced to specifically format Micro sdhc cards, Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1 (Google it and download). Back up all your files to your PC, and then go ahead with formatting, keeping the default settings. Now just place all your files back onto your micro sd card. Your alphabetical problem should disappear. Report back to help others if they run into the same issue. Thank you.
I've tried two different micro sd cards with 2 different Gold Plus carts on two different DS lites. I have been able to repeat the errors every time. I've also formatted using the Panasonic USB Formatter and Windows. It didnt make any difference. What I have found is if you only have a few roms named alphabetically on your micro sd card you wont get the error. However, if you start putting more roms on the micro sd card alphabetically you start getting errors.

I also tried putting numbers like 11 and symbols like ## in front of all the names to see if that had any impact as that would in a roundabout way still allow the games to be listed alphabetically but I still got errors. From what it appears to me, if you have too many games that start with the same letter, number or symbol there is some type of bug in the firmware that will cause errors loading many games. It seems as if the firmware is expecting the roms to be numbered in an ascending/descending manner. To test this theory I numbered the roms 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, etc. before the rom name and that worked. No more errors. The roms are in a roundabout way listed alphabetically but its only possible because they are actually numbered 01, 02, 03, etc.. before the rom name. That's not the ideal solution but what I think it does is proves there is some type of bug in the firmware that you cant list your roms alphabetically. You have to number them. I have previously reported this issue to the Gold Plus team so we shall see if they get it taken care of.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job finding the bug and reporting it to the team. I hope they correct the problem and fine tune their new kernel because I was thinking of buying one to test.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The latest kernel is now 2.2 and there's a firmware 1.5. I bought two R4i Gold Plus for my boys' DSiXL and they've worked from the start. One had the grubby contacts, which I cleaned. I have to say that they're very good value for the money, the boys have forty or more games, which keeps them entertained! I haven't managed to work out many of the features (nor have I put much effort into working them out).

My biggest issue has been filesystem corruption - on one of the cards in particular - and one of the cards had a filesystem completely killed some time ago. Some SAV files have also been corrupted somehow. I used the panasonic formatter yesterday, and re-copied all of the games back to the SD so we'll just have to see how things go. We have a real annoyance with Power Rangers Samurai, which refuses to work (anyone have it working?), I reported to them but I suspect they've done nothing. I've also found the "deluxe automatic updater" a complete waste of space and money, it's only worked once so I don't bother with it any more.

These cards are excellent value for money and I'd recommend them to anyone - but is there anything that I should try that might be better?

joesmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest issue has been filesystem corruption - on one of the cards in particular - and one of the cards had a filesystem completely killed some time ago. Some SAV files have also been corrupted somehow...
The problems I reported above with some games not loading when listed alphabetically was due to the SAV file not being recognized and the games then refusing to load. I'm guessing the problem you are seeing is somehow related because I don't think its coincidence there is another issue with the SAV file problem. In my instance the Gold Plus cart would create the SAV file as I could see it when looking at the files on the micro SD card. However when I tried to run some games I would get the error message the SAV file was not found and the games wouldnt load. It was only after I renamed the games with numbers in front did the games load. Obviously there is a bug somewhere in their firmware.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe, I think you may have overlooked that the sav file is the same name as the game file - so if you change the name of the nds file, the sav file changes too. I think that renaming the game leaves you with the old (corrupted) sav file plus the new one with a different name. You can also delete the corrupt sav file and then the game will load.

joesmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe, I think you may have overlooked that the sav file is the same name as the game file - so if you change the name of the nds file, the sav file changes too. I think that renaming the game leaves you with the old (corrupted) sav file plus the new one with a different name. You can also delete the corrupt sav file and then the game will load.
I changed the name of the rom files before I copied them to the micro SD card so there was never an old SAV file so that's not the problem. Even considering that, I dont see how it would make much of a difference anyway since an old SAV file would not be connected in any way with a rom of a different name. The flash cart isnt going to try and load a SAV file with a different name than the game a user selects. The flash cart will just create a new SAV file based on the roms new name.

Having said that I did test the Power Ranger Samurai game on a Gold Plus cart and can confirm it doesnt work. I think this issue is more than likely related to the security features not being bypassed yet vs what I have been talking about.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, Power Rangers is an annoyance. There's a new kernel version 2.4 but I doubt if that fixes anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: