Country
Portugal

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No no and no the only slot 1 DS mode flash cart that can play GBA roms is the SuperCard DSTWO, gateway is a 3ds mode flash cart there is an emulator by ichifly but he no longer works on it sad, it made some good progress but only a few games were fully playable I gave up and got a EZ-Flash 3in1 for my DSLite, DSHappyBox doesn't work anymore,The R4i3DS RTS Gold from R4ids.cn that is what I have it works flawlesly and supports fw9.4 no exploit needed http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
I bought one for my friend for christmas last year for his 3DS he's never had an issue with it

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
No no and no the only slot 1 DS mode flash cart that can play GBA roms is the SuperCard DSTWO, gateway is a 3ds mode flash cart there is an emulator by ichifly but he no longer works on it sad, it made some good progress but only a few games were fully playable I gave up and got a EZ-Flash 3in1 for my DSLite, DSHappyBox doesn't work anymore,The R4i3DS RTS Gold from R4ids.cn that is what I have it works flawlesly and supports fw9.4 no exploit needed http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
I bought one for my friend for christmas last year for his 3DS he's never had an issue with it
I know that gateway has no gba support. And I just need to have 4.5 fw flash cart I already use my acekard on my dsi

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that gateway has no gba support. And I just need to have 4.5 fw flash cart I already use my acekard on my dsi

your not getting the idea those carts you posted are more outdated than the R4i Gold(Which supports up to FW 9.4 I said it in my previous post), and there is no GBA support without the secondary CPU in the SCDSTWO

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
your not getting the idea those carts you posted are more outdated than the R4i Gold(Which supports up to FW 9.4 I said it in my previous post), and there is no GBA support without the secondary CPU in the SCDSTWO
I really don't care about 9.4 I just need them to work on 4.5 (which the website says that it works including pongupdates). And I got it that gba wont work unless emulated.
Thanks

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
do you not understand the words "supports up to Firmware Version 9.4" FW4.5 is below that wow you can be dense
No need to be so rude, but I already got that point even before making this thread. The main question was "Is there any real difference between those 2 carts?"
No need to answer, I already ordered the "dual core" one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16