Hacking R4i GOLD on 3DS... possible?

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I got myself an old R4i GOLD and I was wondering if I would be able to use it on the 3DS. It's the one from r4i-gold.com, I heard that almost all DSi/DSi XL cards should be able to run on 3DS, what can I do?

c3.jpg

This is the card...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I got myself an old R4i GOLD and I was wondering if I would be able to use it on the 3DS. It's the one from r4i-gold.com, I heard that almost all DSi/DSi XL cards should be able to run on 3DS, what can I do?

c3.jpg

This is the card...
Step 1: put it in your 3DS. Did it work? If yes, you're done. If not, did you already try step 2? If yes, go to step 3. If not, continue to step 2.
Step 2: is your 3DS exploitable? If yes, install flashcardtimewarp.cia. Return to step 1. If not, continue to step 3.
Step 3: your R4 card is not useable.

Reactions: The9thBit

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Step 1: put it in your 3DS. Did it work? If yes, you're done. If not, did you already try step 2? If yes, go to step 3. If not, continue to step 2.
Step 2: is your 3DS exploitable? If yes, install flashcardtimewarp.cia. Return to step 1. If not, continue to step 3.
Step 3: your R4 card is not useable.

I heard that other methods instead of flashcardtimewarp might do it. The 3DS detects it as a Star Wars game, is that a good sign?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So when it crashes the 3DS (power off) when it has wrong kernel is a normal problem? That doesn't mean it won't work?
Well where did you get the kernel from? If a reputable place then it is probaby blocked. Install the flashcardtimewarp cia and see if that changes anything.

I have a vague memory that R4 Gold 3DS is a gateway clone and will therefore need 4.5 and under. Could be wrong though. I think in this case flashcardtimewarp won't help as it's not a DS-mode flashcart. Again could be wrong.

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well where did you get the kernel from? If a reputable place then it is probaby blocked. Install the flashcardtimewarp cia and see if that changes anything.

I have a vague memory that R4 Gold 3DS is a gateway clone and will therefore need 4.5 and under. Could be wrong though. I think in this case flashcardtimewarp won't help as it's not a DS-mode flashcart. Again could be wrong.

Actually my card wasn't intended for 3DS, but Acekard 2i wasn't as well... what can I do?

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Install the flashcardtimewarp. Try a few different kernels. If nothing doing then give up. (Maybe search the forums for the name of your flashcard to see if anybody has ever had it working).

Already tried that but every result is about the R4i GOLD 3DS and not about the R4i GOLD.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

c3.jpg

This is the card...
You can find kernel downloads here (under r4i-gold.com): https://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/#dlscat136i
There are no downloads for firmware updates so the cart is likely not upgradable which means it won't work on 3DS (even with flashcarttimewarp)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't install updates (not kernel, but real UPDATES) will that matter?
hmm yes updates fought off the ap implemented in the console
in 4.1 nintendo introduced a second check in addition to the whitelist (flashcardtimewarp.cia is the old whitelist) this one hidden inside the twl-frim
as a result some ds flashcards require the twl-firm to be downgraded as well (example ak2i)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?