Hacking [R4i Gold] Just got my first flashcart, having trouble setting it up

SpikeBolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a 3DS XL with the 6.0 update EU and I just received my R4i Gold and have been trying to set it up.

I downloaded the Woold v1.60 and R4ids6.0Patch and booted it up on my GFs Nintendo DS Lite. It boots okay and I pick the DS Lite patch (EDIT: and this was the problem, you have to run the 3ds patch, not the DSL!) but it gives me a Card Check: FAIL error.

Not sure if I have done anything wrong (I have not cut the circuit yet!) or if I am missing any step, any help would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance!

SpikeBolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using the other file, after reading the instructions I was under the impression that it was the file to use, my mistake! It seems to be upgrading now, thanks for the feedback, I'll report back soon.

SpikeBolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good new, it worked perfectly!

I had a but of trouble cutting of the wire because I had 0 tools available and I didn't cut deep enough the first time but now it works, booted Pokemon White 2 successfully :)

Last question: Will the r4i gold continue to be updated? With this circuit cut and all I'm afraid to have made a bad purchase :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.