[R4i Gold] Just got my first flashcart, having trouble setting it up

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SpikeBolt, Jun 24, 2013.

1. SpikeBolt
    OP

SpikeBolt Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2009
    Hi, I have a 3DS XL with the 6.0 update EU and I just received my R4i Gold and have been trying to set it up.

I downloaded the Woold v1.60 and R4ids6.0Patch and booted it up on my GFs Nintendo DS Lite. It boots okay and I pick the DS Lite patch (EDIT: and this was the problem, you have to run the 3ds patch, not the DSL!) but it gives me a Card Check: FAIL error.

Not sure if I have done anything wrong (I have not cut the circuit yet!) or if I am missing any step, any help would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    you are using the
    R4iGold_3DS60_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds
    file?

the other one is for bricked cards

3. SpikeBolt
    OP

SpikeBolt Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2009
    I was using the other file, after reading the instructions I was under the impression that it was the file to use, my mistake! It seems to be upgrading now, thanks for the feedback, I'll report back soon.

4. SpikeBolt
    OP

SpikeBolt Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2009
    Good new, it worked perfectly!

I had a but of trouble cutting of the wire because I had 0 tools available and I didn't cut deep enough the first time but now it works, booted Pokemon White 2 successfully :)

Last question: Will the r4i gold continue to be updated? With this circuit cut and all I'm afraid to have made a bad purchase :(

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    We don't know yet, but it wouldn't be the first time that it'd need a new model to run on future updates.