R4i Gold Deluxe and Omega, anyone hear anything?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by XpertXP1, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XpertXP1
    OP

XpertXP1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2013
    United States
    Just as it says, has anyone heard anything from the R4i team in regards to the new Omega firmware?

2. darklavalizard

darklavalizard Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    I'm in the same boat, I'll give them a week tops to make an announcement before I switch over to a Gateway card and try and sell my R4i card.

3. b00100100

b00100100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2009
    United States
    I'd try and do that now, dont wait. The GW card is a superior product.

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    Since they decided to save a few cents not by not wiring the jtag pins, it will never be updateable

5. mijuu

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    I'm in the same situation. I originally bought a r4i just before all the bricks started happening. After this I then bought a gw and gave my r4i to my gf to keep. She's currently stuck on 3.0 as she wants to play the new yoshi game. Sucks as I can't see r4 releasing an update with these new checks incorporated. I just can't see it so will probably end up buying another gw for her, I hope I'm wrong,

I hate wasting money in all things, but it was my fault. I wanted to save a bit the first time round as most of us do. I'll never be buying an r4 anything again that's for sure.

6. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007
    Can't you play other games until the clones try to do something or even release a new clone based on GW 2.0? Pokemon without online not much worth it.. and multirom... I have learned that it isn't tho , if I want to finish games that is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.