Hacking R4i Gold Deluxe 3.3b and Yoshi not working

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
When loading up the v3.0 Launcher (which is gateway 2.0b1) i get about a 30-40% load rate, meaning a good portion of the time it just freezes up with lines on the screen...any way to fix this?
Try another SD card for the 3ds in my experience it works better from some SD cards than others

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
The funny thing is that R4i hasn't copied MT's firmware, as some people expected.

There's some circumstantial evidence that the team behind r4i gold deluxe is also the team behind MT-Card. If this is true it is very unlikely that we will see it being ported over for use with r4i gold deluxe any time soon.

They will be much more likely to want to push their premium product rather than their lower end one. You could argue that releasing a similar update for r4i gold deluxe would also benefit them by helping them dispose of existing stock, but there are a lot of downsides to doing this.

First of all, they probably make significantly more per unit of MT-Card sold due to its higher price point. So it is in their best interest to market skim and sell more of their higher priced MT-Cards for more profit.

Secondly, releasing an update for r4i gold deluxe is just as likely to drive sales towards 3DSLink and Orange3DS as it is to improve the sales of their own cart since they all pretty much run the same software. This is particularly true since the other two clones retail at a lower price point.

Thus unless 3DSLink or Orange3DS ports over the MT-Card update themselves, the chances ofthe MT-Card update benefiting r4i deluxe gold users is pretty slim. Unfortunately, historically both those clone carts have pretty much just directly lifted the software released for r4i gold deluxe for their own carts. I would say the chances are higher that some talented community member takes the MT-Card update and ports it over to the other clone carts as an unofficial launcher version.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There's some circumstantial evidence that the team behind r4i gold deluxe is also the team behind MT-Card. If this is true it is very unlikely that we will see it being ported over for use with r4i gold deluxe any time soon.

They will be much more likely to want to push their premium product rather than their lower end one. You could argue that releasing a similar update for r4i gold deluxe would also benefit them by helping them dispose of existing stock, but there are a lot of downsides to doing this.

First of all, they probably make significantly more per unit of MT-Card sold due to its higher price point. So it is in their best interest to market skim and sell more of their higher priced MT-Cards for more profit.

Secondly, releasing an update for r4i gold deluxe is just as likely to drive sales towards 3DSLink and Orange3DS as it is to improve the sales of their own cart since they all pretty much run the same software. This is particularly true since the other two clones retail at a lower price point.

Thus unless 3DSLink or Orange3DS ports over the MT-Card update themselves, the chances ofthe MT-Card update benefiting r4i deluxe gold users is pretty slim. Unfortunately, historically both those clone carts have pretty much just directly lifted the software released for r4i gold deluxe for their own carts. I would say the chances are higher that some talented community member takes the MT-Card update and ports it over to the other clone carts as an unofficial launcher version.

The clones are much more likely to just be a white label product that different "teams" bought the specs for from an individual who reverse engineered the gateway card who didn't have the contacts,money etc to produce as distribute the cards, this person no doubt sold the same specs to 3 different teams at the same time.... And provided the firmware files to each team, hence why they are all pretty much identical cards with different branding

It could even be that the person who sold the specs has now used the money he gained from selling the clone specs to produce MT for themselves and left the original buyers without any more updates

All just a theory but quite possible :P

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
When loading up the v3.0 Launcher (which is gateway 2.0b1) i get about a 30-40% load rate, meaning a good portion of the time it just freezes up with lines on the screen...any way to fix this?

it's normal. Launcher v3.0 was a bit buggy on loading the ds profile exploit, hanged on white lines about 50 percent of the time. Just keep resetting/trying again and eventually itll get thru.

shell189

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, people who bought R4i/3DSlink/Orange3DS are regretting it i bet.

Yes I bought a r4i gold 3ds deluxe and I regret it big time!!
Older firmwares don't play the games I want, and the newer firmware bricks 3ds's.
So unfair that gateways punishing us r4i users like this.
I didn't know I was buying a clone I just went with the recognised r4 name!! :(

I would of bought a gateway by now but for them to do this doesn't make me want to support them.
Guess I'm waiting for the MT card to improve...

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
wtf are you smoking ? 3.0 doesn't brick shit and it's the same as 2.0b1 from gateway with the max compatibility possible. And btw right now clones = gateway because there are bricks happening too on 2.0b2 so both need to use the 2.0b1 version.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
wtf are you smoking ? 3.0 doesn't brick shit and it's the same as 2.0b1 from gateway with the max compatibility possible. And btw right now clones = gateway because there are bricks happening too on 2.0b2 so both need to use the 2.0b1 version.

That's not exactly true. Gateway 2.0b2 runs a very small risk of bricking if you stay out of the Diagnostics Tools, which to be honest isn't something most people really need anyway. As far as I can tell there has only been one confirmed report of a Brick that has been triggered outside if Diagnostics on Gateway 2.0b2.

In contrast R4i Gold Deluxe 4.0 and the 3DSLink and Orange3DS equivalents runs a much higher risk of bricking even if you avoid using Diagnostics on it.

This makes using 2.0b2 on Gateway feasible assuming you know enough to keep out of Diagnostics and are willing to take the tiny risk of triggering a Brick outside of Diagnostics.

On the other hand the high risk of brick with the R4i Gold Deluxe 4.0 and other clone equivalents makes using it extremely I'll-advised.

That is a pretty major difference between Gateway and the clone carts.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
it has been said a billion times that the diagnostic tools thing is a COINCIDENCE , it's not the cause of the brick !! There are way many more cases of brick with unconfirmed/no usage of the diagnostic tools

If I had a gateway , any risk chance bigger than 0% would be a VERY FRIGGIN BIG RISK ! You think bricking is not a big deal? not that much people can restore their 3ds easily. Even if they could , it's just plain dumb staying on a launcher that doesn't have any more pros than the mt card one for emunand and shet. You paid the most for a 3ds flashcard and you don't mind that their owners have put a possibility of your 3ds going to hell by using their software ? lmao.

You are the one thinking that the r4i 4.0 will have brick again . They have learned from the mistake and rapidly removed 2.0b2 based launchers of their web and for sure they will be able to remove the code from the next version , like mtcard has done. Even if so I'll just wait until people test it , there are many people who can easily restore their 3ds right now if it bricks again

Warft

Say my name!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The causes of brick is the malicious code implemented on 2.0b2 which makes block the eMMC flash. This is the ONLY cause of ALL bricks.
So, say thanks to Gateway team for "protect" our consoles [/ironic]

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
it has been said a billion times that the diagnostic tools thing is a COINCIDENCE , it's not the cause of the brick !! There are way many more cases of brick with unconfirmed/no usage of the diagnostic tools

There is pretty solid evidence that it is the Diagnostic Tools which exposes you to the highest risk of Bricking and is the single method that can repeatably trigger a console to Brick that the community is aware of. I'm not sure if your information is just outdated or if you are simply refusing to acknowledge the validity or reliability of tests run by community members like gamerequest1 to try to find out what can trigger the Bricking Issue. However if the video footage showing the Diagnostics Tools causing the Bricking Issue can not convince you, then I'm pretty sure there is no point in trying to reason with you on this point. As far as I can tell, only one person has confirmed that he never used the Diagnostic Tools in the session before he discovered he was affected by the Bricking Issue.

If I had a gateway , any risk chance bigger than 0% would be a VERY FRIGGIN BIG RISK ! You think bricking is not a big deal? not that much people can restore their 3ds easily. Even if they could , it's just plain dumb staying on a launcher that doesn't have any more pros than the mt card one for emunand and shet. You paid the most for a 3ds flashcard and you don't mind that their owners have put a possibility of your 3ds going to hell by using their software ? lmao.

If anything greater than 0% scares you and you believe it is a VERY FRIGGIN BIG RISK, then you better just dig a deep hole and build a bunker there to protect you from all the above 0% risks that can cost you your life. Statistically speaking you have a 1/100 chance of dying in a motor vehicle accident some time in the future. So you'd better stay away from vehicles and roads. You'd also better keep your butt glued to a seat at ground level at all times, because you have about 1/246 chance of dying from a fall at some point. Oh, and you should probably keep away from computers and anything electronic as well, because there's a 1/5000 chance that you get electrocuted to death.

I am fairly certain that there is also a greater than 0% chance that something just plain goes wrong with the hardware or software of your 3DS and it will just break on it's own regardless of what cart or firmware version you are using, or even if you don't even have any cart inserted in the console's cart slot to begin with.

The fact is, there is a tolerance level for risks. Risks close to 0% is tolerable for most. Risks approaching 100% is not. The risk of bricking with Gateway 2.0b2 outside of Diagnostics is minimal and may be acceptable to some people. The risks of bricking your r4i Gold Deluxe on 4.0 firmware is substantially higher and is thus a much less tolerable risk. Therefore they are not exactly the same.

You are the one thinking that the r4i 4.0 will have brick again . They have learned from the mistake and rapidly removed 2.0b2 based launchers of their web and for sure they will be able to remove the code from the next version , like mtcard has done. Even if so I'll just wait until people test it , there are many people who can easily restore their 3ds right now if it bricks again

Like I've said previously in this thread, if r4i deluxe gold had plans to release 2.0b2 based launcher with reduced risk of Bricking, then it should have become public already at this point since it took them only a matter of days to release their modified launchers when Gateway released theirs. I can't think of any physical reason why they could not do the same thing with the MT-Card launcher.

That said, there is a very real possibility that there is truth to the rumors that the team behind r4i gold deluxe cart is also behind the MT-Card. As I explained before, this would make it to the determent of their bottom line to release a 2.0b2 based launcher for their older cart based on the MT-Card one.

Even if this were not true, the more time passes, the less likely it will be for r4i deluxe gold to release updates for their cart. Given the ease with which they initially released cloned launchers, the fact that they have remained silent up to now probably either means they either don't care enough to release a new update or have simply lost the ability to do so, which is entirely possible if they had only hired their development team on a temporary basis.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
TL;DR , just going to say that the video was 1 attempt from 1000 filmed. So yea , it's def the fault of the diagnostics...

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR , just going to say that the video was 1 attempt from 1000 filmed. So yea , it's def the fault of the diagnostics...

Running the diagnostics is basically your one way ticket to getting a brick. However, using 2.0B2 in general is your multi-stop ride to a far away place known as Bricksburg.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the actual diagnostics mode was a lot more frequent than 1/100, the actual specifics vary to some degree between SD setup to SD setup but either SD contents or card quality or something i couldn't quite pinpoint, one thing for sure was that diagnostics made it a hell of a lot more likely to happen

i will have a look for my original thread but it was over 100 boots without diagnostics = no brick (not saying its impossible, its probably likely to happen at some point but i have been running b2 constantly since and still no brick outside of diagnostics)
and 6 bricks within about 20 boot when running diagnostics....statistically the risks are substantially higher when running diagnostics

EDIT here is the stats from the original tests
Standard boots ---150+----0 bricks
booting to gateway menu without running diagnostics----30+ --------0 Bricks
Booting to gateway menu and running diagnostics -------- 23 -------- 6Bricks

standard boots are probably around 200 odd by now

there was actually another video uploaded that showed it bricking after just 2 tries
whilst on a different SD it took about 30 tries to get a brick via diagnostics

b2 is like a sleeping tiger, you shouldn't go near unless your prepared for a surprise, running diagnostics is like poking a tiger........really not recommended unless your just asking for trouble

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol