Hacking R4i gold clone help

chardymardy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, I'm a first time poster here and I'm still a little confused with how things work around here so please do bear with me good sirs.

I have an R4i gold card and the website written on the card itself is www.r4i.ndsi.in
so I'm assuming that this card is an R4i gold clone.
I tried going to the site to update my firmware so that I could play Pokemon Black Ver. 2 [AP patched version] after the update to ENG v3.0 firmware from the site it still doesn't play. I also tried installing Wood r4 AND YsMenu but it still doesn't work.

So I'm at my wits end on this and I guess my question is, will there be any way for me to play Pokemon Black Ver. 2 on my R4i gold clone card? And how would I go about doing this?

Thanks for your answers.

(attached is a picture of how my r4i gold box looks like but the website is the one stated on the above post.)
13480260850.jpg

prectorian

Chef Kirby
Trophies
XP
Country
Vanuatu
Scratch WOOD R4, you cart will not run it. Only R4i Gold from R4ids.cn can run WOOD R4. Your last resort is to try YSMENU/TTMENU. Latest from RGF is v.6.94. Find it on filetrip.

First things first, make sure your R4i can work on it's own first. Make sure it's updated to the latest firmware as per provided in it's official website as written on your cart's sticker/box that came with it. Make sure you don't add a wrong version, make sure the kernel/firmware you updated to is appropriate as according to what your cart is. Otherwise it will not work. Be careful. You should make a backup before updating/upgrading your cart's firmware. If you didn't, well.....wish you luck...

Only then you back up the SD Micro's content to your computer, re-format the SD Micro, then add either YSMENU/TTMENU (depends as per mentioned in the compatibility list provided in the package) in to the card. Then you also re-insert the backed up files to the SD Micro again, make sure to keep a back up just in case something you did messed up. When playing on YSMENU/TTMENU with the latest version, use unpatched/clean rom. Do read the instruction provided by RGF. YSMENU/TTMENU is a secondary firmware, not a replacement of the R4's main firmware. It only work if the R4 can load on it's own, otherwise will not.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ok
lets establish some things
Yes your card is a Clone
Wood Will NEVER load on this card

First
your rom is not what you want
you need the Clean Black 2, no patches or AP patches applied to it

Second
you need your card Kernel 3.0 on the micro SD card, which you have

Thrid
get RGF 6.94 Kernel
open the GEi_R4i YSMenu
and paste the contents of that fodler into your micro SD card

now the card is setup

now first when you load the card on the NDS you MUST! boot the YSMenu.nds every time before you load any game

after you have booted the YSmenu.nds you can now boot your games

all of your games will need to be Clean, or you will get a -4 error and will fail to load

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE