Hacking R4i gold 3DS won't stay inside 2DS

IcyFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to insert the R4 into a new 2DS and it just doesn't stay in. It barely works on my DS lite when I push on the corner where the sd card slot is then it will click and stay in. But on this new 2DS it just doesn't work. I tried wiggling it, I tried pressing hard, I tried pressing the sd card corner and the other corner, it won't click and stay in. The housing of the R4 is bad I'm guessing but which part? Can I do anything on the R4 that might help? Any info is appreciated.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to insert the R4 into a new 2DS and it just doesn't stay in. It barely works on my DS lite when I push on the corner where the sd card slot is then it will click and stay in. But on this new 2DS it just doesn't work. I tried wiggling it, I tried pressing hard, I tried pressing the sd card corner and the other corner, it won't click and stay in. The housing of the R4 is bad I'm guessing but which part? Can I do anything on the R4 that might help? Any info is appreciated.
You need to use a piece of paper and stick it into the console with the paper being in front of the flashcart label, the idea of this is to make contact with the consoles contacts and make the flashcart sit in the console.

Reactions: x65943 and IcyFire

IcyFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to use a piece of paper and stick it into the console with the paper being in front of the flashcart label, the idea of this is to make contact with the consoles contacts and make the flashcart sit in the console.
Hi, thanks for the reply! So the idea is to get it stuck in there and avoid ejecting right? or make it lock in and click?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the reply! So the idea is to get it stuck in there and avoid ejecting right? or make it lock in and click?
Both, the idea is to make it sit inside the slot while making contact with the console so it can be read and launched properly on the console.

IcyFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Both, the idea is to make it sit inside the slot while making contact with the console so it can be read and launched properly on the console.
So, I tried it a few different ways but the console just wont read it. Of course works fine on my DS lite. It got stuck inside with the paper method as planned but looks like it wasn't contacting well the inside part. I will try my friend's R4 which will probably also fail because the 2DS xl is problematic with them. I will try printing a 3D DS game shell and will put the R4 chip inside and see if that works. I don't have any more ideas. Maybe you can suggest something other than R4 that I can buy? Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by IcyFire,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp