Hacking R4i Gold 3DS support for trimmed roms?

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey guys, I am putting a compilation of all of the games Id like to have on my 3DS's R4i Gold 3DS, I have 16GB SDHC card in there. My collection is at 19GB though, and I was looking around and it looks like its possible to trim roms? This might be just what I need.

Googling doesnt seem to yield much results (I was able to find an old review of R4i Gold 3DS that stated that it did load trimmed roms, but that review is way old). So I was wondering if there is more info out there on support (or negatives for trimming roms?) Is there any incompatibility? slowdowns or anything like that caused by trimming? How good is R4i Gold 3DS with trimmed roms?

Also, all I can find is a trimmer from 2011, Im guessing it will work just fine, but is there a newer trimmer out there?

Thanks a bunch!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend NDS TokyoTrim or TinyTrimmer. NDSTokyoTrim was most recently updated in 2012.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-ndstokyotrim-25-beta-2-f27128.html
(The background "wallpaper" in the app can be disabled, if it bothers you, also.)

Trimming should not have any effect on your gameplay; though I think people had experienced issues with Wi-Fi functionality in trimmed games in the past, I have not had problems in the past 2 years on any trimmed games, even with Wi-Fi enabled. I might have let the trimmer automatically skip Wi-Fi enabled games though, so I'm not 100% on that detail.

Reactions: Rydian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: