Hacking R4i gold 3ds sdhc rts card HELP PLEASE thank you

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys dont post much but figured i havent been finding to much information so why not. I currently bought a R4i gold 3ds sdhc rts card and a 2g microsd card. I have ver 7.1.0-16U on my 3ds. So i've tried a lot of stuff on my own, trial and error, but cant seem to figure out some problems. I had no problem downloading and putting the wood kernal onto the micro sd card, the firmware was beautiful. I'm going to post promblems and questions below, so if anyone knows what they are doing please reply much apprciated.

Problem: I only got NEW Super Mario Bros to work and MarioKartds. I took them off but still had original file on computer went to put them back on and they didnt work. So tried again and only the NEW Super Mario Bros worked.
Question: How come only New Super mario Bros worked. Is it beacause i put it on wrong?

Problem: Like I mentioned before i could only get those 2 ds games to work and then only one worked after. I tried different games also like Zelda Phatom Hourglass, Zelda Spirit, Kingdom Hearts Recoded, Call Of Duty 4 ( different files from different sites, i mean 3 diffenet files for each game trying to see if it was the file) and the file physically sometimes has the right icon pitcure while sometimes is corrupt. Sometimes these load and only get a black or white screen sometimes audio will play.
Question: How come these don't work and why do i get a black or white screen? (alot people have problems with black or white screens so this would be helpful)

Problem: Can't seem to get GBA emulator working.
Question: Does GBA emulator and roms work on R4i gold 3ds sdhc rts card?

Problem: I got the SNES emulator to work but only an old mario game worked the zelda game did not.
Question: Why does this happen?

Problem: I got the lameboy to work but only pokemon trading card game works(which is dope) , but pokemon silver and crystal didn't (didnt try other games just multipe files)
Question: How come this is having similar problems like the SNES?

So i feel that these are some common problems that people have been having troubled answered. People say drag and drop game should work but unfortunatly can't say that worked for me. Don't know if i have to patch anything(which i heard some files come patch some don't) curious if anyone knows about patching. I heard something about the file having to be right size to make sure the ds recognized it as the right game.

For anyone who replys thank you for your help and knowledge.
P.S Curious if i goofed up and should have got a dstwo card instead of R4i gold 3ds sdhc rts card?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which website is written at your R4?
1. Seems like a faulty file system for me. Backup everything on your R4, formate it and put everything back on it.
2. Look 1.
3. Theoretically yes but the DS mode GBA emulator has no great compatibility. You should have gotten a Supercard DSTWO instead. But might be a faulty filesystem.
4. It's compatibility isn't very great, too. You should really have gotten a Supercard DSTWO. But might be a faulty filesystem.
5. I'd guess that this is because problem 1.

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dspic.jpg

Which website is written at your R4? www.r4ids.cn

i appricate you answering. im just really confused as to why it only works on some games and is there any way to get ds games working?

I know people got this specific flashcart to work, but yet im having alot of problems.

I tried regular websites for roms. Do you have a specific site that you know the rom files are legit? Everyone says coolrom and emuparadise are good sites but only files i could get working are mario and pokemon trading card game.

Once again thank you for taking the time to read and reply, much apprciated.
P.S can you tell me more about the white/black screen when comes to loading? also patching important?

also thought i metion when you get the flashcart on certain sites, if you purchase a micro sd card with it, some sellers will preload some games depending on what size card you get. so i think the card works there is just something im missing. thanks.

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im posting again for people because i think i may have found out what the problem was

So after fooling around with things people have suggested i dont think it was the firmware or any of the save fles.

I was lucky to have an extra micro sd card andmy original one i boughtwith the r4 card was a 2 gb kingston one sometimes it worked while other times it did not. my extra one i had laying around was an 8gb

so i think the size had to play a role in this also the 8gb had sdhc on it as compared to the 2gb which didnt.

conclusion is thati think it was the micro sd card because lameboy, snes, ds games r working great

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It still looks like a faulty filesystem for me. Backup all files from the MicroSD, formate it and put everything back on it. Today, most of the ROMs are clean and you shouldn't patch them.
It's possible that you have a fake MicroSD if the formate doesn't work.

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man. Yea i got everything working except one game kingdom hearts re:coded does the white screen thing when i load it.

QUESTION: So sometimes when i save on lameboy it doesnt save. Curious if the Supercard DSTWO is better all around for saving and emulators. also can the Supercard DSTWO play 3ds roms?

4coolday

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.4coolday.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks man. Yea i got everything working except one game kingdom hearts re:coded does the white screen thing when i load it.

QUESTION: So sometimes when i save on lameboy it doesnt save. Curious if the Supercard DSTWO is better all around for saving and emulators. also can the Supercard DSTWO play 3ds roms?

Gateway 3DS and MT Card can run 3DS roms on V4.1-V4.5 system 3DS, DSTwo still can't.
Your 3ds system is V7.1.0-16, so ,no card can run 3DS roms on it till now.

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you downgrade? and is it worth it?

Do you think i should just keep this r4 card till they come out with one thats compatible with
V7.1.0-16 or do you think i should get the super card dstwo?

Thanks again for replying

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you downgrade? and is it worth it?

Do you think i should just keep this r4 card till they come out with one thats compatible with
V7.1.0-16 or do you think i should get the super card dstwo?

Thanks again for replying
No, you can't downgrade. You could only buy a new 3DS. You have to decide whether it's worth it or not.

You should really get a supercard dstwo.

learningprogrammer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats good about the supercard dstwo? i heard something about it comes preloaded with emulators? and curious if you know how come the lameboy emulator doesnt save for example i play pokemon and it doesnt save. Ive been thinking about a supercard dstwo.

Thanks for replying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu