R4i GOLD 3DS RTS vs R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by raphamotta, May 4, 2017.

1. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    So, I just need to buy a new flashcard because my DSTWO drain my batter a lot, and I want to play DS games (I know bootstrap and TWLoader, but I want a flashcard)

There are two main cards, the R4i Gold and the R4i-SDHC. I search about the difference but it's not clear. I want to know about the RTS and cheat feature.
    • I want to activate and deactivate cheat at any point of the game. (like DSTWO)
    • I want to have multiple slots for RTS (like DSTWO)

Which one has the features above? it's not clear for me ever after see some youtube videos and reviews.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Both have cheats, but can't turn them off in game like the DSTWO. Both of them actually have multiple save slots, actually R4i Gold also allows on the fly switching between .sav and .nds.sav. So this allows for more saves. Really there's not much different between them.
    I personally suggest the R4i Gold though because Wood R4 is just an amazing kernel that brought so many Acekard features to the R4, but an RTS

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, May 4, 2017
    raphamotta likes this.
  3. Sleet

Sleet GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Neither of them can do the first one.
    R4i-sdhc.com can do the second but the rts feature is not that great.

4. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    Thank you Crystal! Do you have a R4i Gold, do you like it? I love my DSTWO but the battery draining is too bad!!

Really? look this webpage at "User-cheat features":

http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

It's the gbatemp sponsor.. so is it a lie? :( :(

5. Sleet

Sleet GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    No it's not a lie, they both support cheats but not an in-game cheat menu like the dstwo has.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I edited my post because I wasn't very clear on my information.
    I've had an R4i Gold for years now and I love the hell out of it! It's been my card of choice since they started using Wood R4 officially.
    And nds-card.com is GBATemp's official sponsor. They aren't lying about the user-cheats, but the cheats can't be changed/applied in real time. They can only be applied before the ROM is launched.

7. raphamotta
    OP

raphamotta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2013