NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Hi,

I've had an old R4DS for many years and recently picked up my DS Lite again, and the card sometimes doesn't work, plus the company seems dead and I didn't find any new updates for the kernel, so I was looking into getting a new modern card.

Now I see all these different R4 cards, and it's quite confusing.. are they all from different companies?

So far I had my eyes on the RTS Lite, any tips on the actual meaningful differences between them?

s_P149_1.JPG
s_P146_1.GIF
s_P450_1.JPG

ps: ideally I'd like one that works on both the DS Lite and 3DS, and can play both DS and 3DS games (and support RTS) in case I do get a 3ds eventually. the descriptions on the websites selling these carts are not very specific about what they actually support.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Btw just to make sure, the RTS thing works for all games right? I see on the r4ids.cn site it says "RTS for DSi games" (and only in the Deluxe version, no mention in the normal one), doesn't it work for normal DS games too?

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

This should be the right one.

It seems that someone already asked about the difference on the comments and nds-card.com reply is that there is no difference. :)

If I had to guess, they probably were different revisions, but are now all updated to the latest revision.

The cart lacks more advanced features such as in-game menus and real-time save, but this is expected with
Hmm, it definitely should have real time save feature (I have this cart too and I have used the real time save), but as for the in-game menus (like cheat menu for example), and correct me on this one if I'm wrong, the only flashcart with such feature is Supercard DSTwo. At least from the current DS mode carts that work on latest 3DS firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P