Hacking R4i Gold 3DS RTS Home menu freeze

Thefrogsaysquack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i Gold 3DS currently running the latest wood kernel. I patched it using the R4i Gold V6.20 patch on a 3DS running 7.1.0.16 because I didn't really know what I was doing. I patched it the first time and it went through successfully. After completion, I pressed A and it began to patch again. Now, whenever the R4i is inserted into the 3ds, it freezes on the home menu before I can even load the cartridge.

I figured the problem was probably something that happened to the SD card in the R4i so I formatted it, reloaded a new wood kernel......same response.

I also formatted the system memory and that didn't change anything either. Suggestions?

Thefrogsaysquack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooooo I discovered that I need to flash my r4i 3ds. I do happen to have an R4i SDHC and a NDS. I loaded the firmware for my R4i onto a separate SD card and put it in the NDS. I then loaded patch R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds. I removed the r4i SDHC and put in the R4i gold 3ds with an SD card containing wood V1.64 and tried to let the patch update it. The Card Check line says "Fail." and I'm not quite sure why....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2