R4i gold 3DS flashcard for 3DS is available now

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by huangyu, Mar 2, 2011.

1. huangyu
    OP

huangyu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2011
    United States
    Canada
    R4ids official site released the update news about their new item: R4i gold 3DS flashcard for nintendo 3DS. Let's have a look:

According to ths info, we know that R4i gold 3DS flashcard has released and lots of their distributors has already got the items and start selling them!

First, let's see its picture:

[​IMG][​IMG]

form the picture , we can see that there is no big difference about the appearance between R4i gold 3DS flashcard and its previous card R4i gold which for NDSi

The only difference is that the 3DS card add a "3DS" sign in the middle of the package shows that it is for 3DS.

besides the appearance, the biggest difference is its chip, R4i gold for 3DS uses MX23J4GC0-75H(48Pin) and 25L4001(8Pin) chips.

Another,when you plug the R4i gold 3DS flashcard into the NDSi console, it shows no card in the machine. becasue it adopt a different chip style, the encryption part is different from the other NDSL carts too.

Bother this item is also from R4ids team , so there are many similar things in these two items ,such as the appearance. when you open the package , the appearance of the card is the same too.just the chip and kerner are different.

this card has released , there will be more details and reviews about it , let's looking forward to it!

Quote from the official site:

Good News:R4i Gold 3DS flashcard has been Released!(2011-03-02)R4ids.cn news

3DS cart's encrypiton part is different from the other NDSL carts(2010-03-02)

The chips included in this 3DS cart is MX23J4GC0-75H(48Pin) and 25L4001(8Pin).

The hardware structure is almost the same as that of the NDS cart.

Our technical team removed the standing out part of the 3DS cart and inserted it into a NDSi.

Just guess what will happen - NDSi shows no cart inserted!!!

This means 3DS cart's encrypiton part is different from that of a NDSL cart."

Also two blurry pics with it

[​IMG]

Source: R4ids site

2. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Hang on !! - if I'm reading this right the '3DS R4i Gold' (shouldn't it now be called the 'R4-3DS Gold' ??) is NOT backward compatible with the DSL and DSi ??

Whoa - I can see a lot of people buying this now - before getting a 3DS (perhaps waiting for prices to go down etc) - then finding it doesn't work on their existing DS's

3. huangyu
    OP

huangyu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2011
    United States
    Canada
    Correct, R4ids oficial site indicates that R4i gold 3DS flashcard (or R4-3DS Gold ,3DS R4i Gold , whatever, there is no official name ) don't support DS/DSi, it is a specific item only for 3DS console if i understand correctly! Of course it will be a hotsale item, some guys may buy it now and then use it when it launchs in Euro and US, more guys will buy it until the price goes down, but i don't think it will go down, maybe it will increase when 3DS releases all over the world. But there will be more and more 3DS flashcards come out soon you know. don't know what will happen!

4. KuRensan

KuRensan aka Pearbook

Apr 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    Somewhere in the sky
    Just a question: Can it play 3DS games ??

5. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.

6. huangyu
    OP

huangyu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2011
    United States
    Canada
    apparently it can't...... until now. no 3DS flashcard can work on 3DS games.....

7. Clookster

Clookster Your Clookster

Banned
    Aug 20, 2009
    Swaziland
    Suisse Romande
    It was a mistake to support this R4 Gold crap on GBAtemp.

8. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Why? its pretty amazing

9. DaMummy

DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 22, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland
    how the hell are people still buying r4 clones? this was acceptable in 2007, but now? seriously people? doesnt anybody do research anymore?

10. Vigilante

Vigilante TempLurker

Jan 1, 2010
    CyberSpace IQ:OVER 9000
    What a team thats desperate to get money, while the other teams are just developing updates for their flashcart to work, this team made a new cart to gain more money. [​IMG]

11. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I'm pretty sure this doesn't support 3DS games...

12. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    NO. This new version of their R4 is bullshit. I bet it will only play games in DS mode on the 3DS.

13. Gariscus

Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Jun 5, 2009
    I hope no one's stupid enough to buy this crap. [​IMG]

14. Vigilante

Vigilante TempLurker

Jan 1, 2010
    Agree,Not buy this!

15. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    +1

Other DSi flashcards are already confirmed working with 3DS with a new firmware version...
    So why the NEW flascard, i like to see what the technical specs are..

16. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    It the only 3DS card with Wood+SDHC, Wood gets pretty frequent updates, even more frequent than akAIO, this card is worth it IMO, if they add a reflashable bootstrap it will be even better

17. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    It's quite obvious isn't it? They just want to make more money by selling a new flashcart when they could have easily come up with a firmware update for the existing one.

18. Vigilante

Vigilante TempLurker

Jan 1, 2010
    I find it very weird how Rockstar is super supportive to this new flashcart weird I say

19. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    The big question is:

-Is that chip type/placement change and incompatibility with DSi has something to do with 3DS, or is it an attempt to fool people so they buy that new cart thinking it will add 3DS mode support while in fact it will never be able to?

20. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    They blurred "DS" out on their box.
    Protip: quit it