R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition will release the firmware V3.0 Later Today!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LurkerA, Dec 10, 2013.

1. LurkerA
    OP

LurkerA ㊣New3DS

Apr 8, 2010
    United States
    The R4i Gold team confirmed that: they will release the firmware V3.0 for Deluxe card later Today! Seems it's really not a good timing since eShop has been closed today for maintenance(Nintendo might block "emuNAND" )! Anyway let's see what would happen next.

2. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico
    Too late. The maintenance started several hours ago, meaning there's no change to update to 6.3 now and might need new launcher to use the new firm with emuNAND.

kyogre123 likes this.
  3. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    R4 is crap anyway, they are just taking easy money, copying others.

I believe only the Gateway team is trustable.

But anyway, I might be wrong. Let's see what they can offer.

4. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    Yes you are right but this update its going to bring the online game feature.

5. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Hahahaha, I highly doubt this.

--
    Edit: I think they didn't even announced such a thing.

6. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico

Sure like the Ramble Pack support. Guess it was easier for them to complete their firmware once gateway released a beta.

7. Habbert

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    i almost bought a R4 but it was right around the time gateway released 2.0b.
    Not trying to start a "cart war" but i like having updates first and you can clearly see on this forum and other 3DS forums that the Gateway 3DS is the "default" cart.
    you have an issue it is more likely someone else has encountered it as-well and can help you.
    there is much more information on the gateway then the R4.
    in short I like all the little perks that come with having the default flash cart.

8. Rizzorules

Rizzorules "What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    Yeah i dont trust them a lot . Thats why i own a gateway 3ds

9. Habbert

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    There have been rumors that Gateway intentionally disabled online until they had more time to figure out if nintendo could tell your using a flash cart and block you,
    if that is the case i rather way for gateway to give me the green light to play online, they seem more trustworthy...

10. fatcat1413

fatcat1413 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    United States

Funny thing is not everyone can get Gateway carts since their devices came with 6.x preinstalled (2Dses) so they have no choice but to use R4 carts for the time being ;)

11. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico

Talking about 3ds cards not ds cards.

12. Habbert

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    we are talking about 3DS carts... not DS carts...
    R4I 3DS Gold Deluxe has the exact same limitations as the gateway 3ds...

13. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Do you know what R4 means? Sounds like you are using it as synonym of flashcart. Also, the best choice for DSi is DSTWO, if you're referring to DS flashcards.

14. sarslol

sarslol Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2010
    United States
    don't understand your logic behind them needing to wait for a beta release when they showed a video of what could be done with their card prior to the release
    copy or not, they had what they needed before far gateway's beta was released

15. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico

GW showed the features like 2 months ago, it was version 1.2 or 1.3 something like that, how do you know they didn't grab a hold of it when there's precedent they copied the GW firmware?? And why show a video (and on a crappy resolution) when if they already have it can just release it??

RenegadeKid, gamefan5 and Habbert like this.
  16. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Eh, i trust them because it is the same team that kept the r4 gold alive with the wood releases.
    Although I am about to own a gateway, I wouldn't count out the team yet.

17. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Looks like the hype for R4i is dead now. Just hope I don't get trolled like the last time again.

18. fatcat1413

fatcat1413 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    United States

I'm actually referring to something like this: http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/23-wood-r4i-gold-3ds.html

19. sarslol

sarslol Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2010
    United States
    i don't
    there's something to be said of trying to idiot proof a tool that could result in someone accidentally updating their real nand

20. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    They can use a DSTWO.

Also, there's a chinese saying : 一分钱一分货 (yi4 fen1 qian2, yi4 fen1 huo4) : the more money you pay, the better quality you will get, you get what you pay for. And this is true for everything you buy in China.

And even if the Gateway is made in China, believe me, R4 is a piece of crap. They just use their name to sell their products because they have been on the market for a long time.

The gateway team could release their launcher much before but they didn't because they take their time to test and give us a good update. R4 just copies and only wants to make money for a short time.