R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition QUESTIONS!!!!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TwilightWarrior, Dec 11, 2013.

1. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    Hey guys, I have some questions about the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition:

1. How do you turn off emunand and how do you update the emunand partion

2. You know how for the gateway, it says "GW3D" label in the system version number, what does the r4 say

3. If you want to put a different game on the an sd card with a game on it already, do you jsut delete the game from my computer, and how how does it get that game back with it's old save file

2. inuyasha555

inuyasha555 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    Canada
    1. As long as the emuNAND partition is there, it automatically boots to it when you run the exploit. To update it you run the exploit from system settings then just go back in and update normally.
    2. The manual says the R4 also says GW3D, bad R4, just bad.
    3. The savedata is stored on the SD card, games are stored on the microSD card. To put on a new game you format the microSD card and write a new one.

3. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    To expand on inuyasha555's answer...

1. To remove it, you need to format your SD card to remove the partition. (Make you you back up all data you want to keep, like your 3DS folder and your game saves)
    Use a tool like the Panasonic SD formatter... I believe that can format your entire SD card.
    (The EmuNAND partition isn't something Windows typically displays, so you need a special tool to get rid of it. Plenty of people don't know it's even on there.)

3. Panasonic SD formatter can also be used to format your MicroSD card, as that one has also become unrecognizable by normal means in Microsoft Windows.

4. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    Thanks guys!