Hacking R4i Gold 3DS DE as gateway red card sub? (sorry, another noob question :P)

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a 3ds with 8.0 and i want to use flashcarts, i can downgrade i know but i dont want to lose my saves. So, i thought, since R4i DE was a gateway clone (and there have even been reports of seeing a gateway 3ds logo when some people use it), maybe their was some way that i can use gateway software or something. otherwise, i might just try to install some CIA's on 8.0 using my friends gateway, but id rather not, because i still have that 4gb sd card, and i dont want to buy another one, but i will if needed, i guess.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
fine, whatever, i guess ill just install cia's, whatevar, makes that white cart useless.
Wait a minute, you say that you want to avoid installing CIAs because you have a small SD card, and would rather use a red card? Does that mean you have a huge ass microSD card for the red card?
If yes, why not use it for CIAs via microSD to SD adapter?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
fine, whatever, i guess ill just install cia's, whatevar, makes that white cart useless.
nothing makes the white card useless, its needed to boot into gateway mode, you can install all the cia files you want, but you wont be able to boot them up....only way to boot unsigned cia files without a gateway card is to use the buggy CFW which is limited

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing makes the white card useless, its needed to boot into gateway mode, you can install all the cia files you want, but you wont be able to boot them up....only way to boot unsigned cia files without a gateway card is to use the buggy CFW which is limited

you need the white card to boot cia's? i thought you needed to be in gateway mode

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute, you say that you want to avoid installing CIAs because you have a small SD card, and would rather use a red card? Does that mean you have a huge ass microSD card for the red card?
If yes, why not use it for CIAs via microSD to SD adapter?

well, kind of, i have a high capacity but cheap 64 GB card, i dont trust it much, but its ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1