R4i Gold 3DS cart firmware help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by illest1, Dec 23, 2011.

Dec 23, 2011
  1. illest1
    OP

Newcomer illest1 Newbie

United States
    Hi Everyone,

I need some advice. I purchased a r4i gold 3ds. It is from r4i-gold.com. When i recieved it I loaded the files from the website and put it into my 3DS. It showed me a cart with a wolf on it and when I clicked it would tell me that theres an error and to restart the system. I did some reseach and found out that I need to update the firmware on the r4 card itself. I borrowed a DSi and updated the firmware with fwup143b.nds. Now as soon as I put the cart back into my 3DS the system freezes and I have to restart it. What did I do wrong? Did I use the wrong firmware to upgrade the r4 card?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Which one do you have? Pro, RTS, or R4i-gold? There are 3 carts made by the r4i-gold.com team.

3. illest1
    OP

Newcomer illest1 Newbie

United States
    I have the R4i-gold 3DS

4. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You need the 1.70B kernel and on the same page as the 1.70B kernel you'll see this ---> "r4i-gold 3DS V3.0.06 Upgrade Firmware 【Download】 " hit download and put the update file at the root of your micro sd card along with the 1.70B files. Next, fire up your card in your DS and hit the "A" button while highlighting the 3006update.nds file. Wait for the update to finish and then power cycle using the "Power" button. Congrats your card is now compatible with Nintendo 3DS firmware 3.0.0-6! :D

5. illest1
    OP

Newcomer illest1 Newbie

United States
    Thanks a bunch man. I will try it when I get home.