Hacking R4i Gold 3DS alternative for 11.0.0-33?

bamboori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got myself an R4i Gold 3DS (I think, it may be a fake).
I followed the tutorial from http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm
Everything was working fine up until I had to enter the DS profile option. Nothing happened after a few seconds, because i presume with 11.0.0-33 the exploit used to launch the 3DS mode of the card is long patched.
I am also running menuhax on my 2DS (the one with 11.0.0-33) which I use to access some homebrew emulators. Is there a different way to trigger the 3DS mode of the R4i card since I can load homebrew apps via menuhax?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was working fine up until I had to enter the DS profile option. Nothing happened after a few seconds, because i presume with 11.0.0-33 the exploit used to launch the 3DS mode of the card is long patched.
I am also running menuhax on my 2DS (the one with 11.0.0-33) which I use to access some homebrew emulators. Is there a different way to trigger the 3DS mode of the R4i card since I can load homebrew apps via menuhax?
Ds profile exploit only works on 4.x and 6.x. Also, if you don't know if you have a fake, look at the cartridge itself. If it doesn't read www.r4isdhc.com, or says a different website, it is fake. I don't think there is a way to launch r4i cards via menuhax.

EDIT: Also the r4i your using, it is an R4i gold 3ds deluxe. it was patched since 4.x. If you want a good card that works on the latest firmware, and has wood r4, get an R4i gold 3ds (not deluxe). Even the ds flashcart part is patched, I think.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

bamboori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww thats too bad. especially because at firmware 9.x and below you can just install cfw and put the 3ds games on your sd card ._.
well at least it seems to play nds roms

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww thats too bad. especially because at firmware 9.x and below you can just install cfw and put the 3ds games on your sd card ._.
well at least it seems to play nds roms
If you want to play 3ds roms on the latest firmware, get a sky3ds (cheaper option) or the sky3ds+(better in terms of compatibility.)

Edit: Actually, if you had 10.7 or below, you can downgrade to 9.2, and install cfw.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ds profile exploit only works on 4.x and 6.x. Also, if you don't know if you have a fake, look at the cartridge itself. If it doesn't read www.r4isdhc.com, or says a different website, it is fake. I don't think there is a way to launch r4i cards via menuhax.

EDIT: Also the r4i your using, it is an R4i gold 3ds deluxe. it was patched since 4.x. If you want a good card that works on the latest firmware, and has wood r4, get an R4i gold 3ds (not deluxe). Even the ds flashcart part is patched, I think.
the r4i gold is from r4ids.cn so that's not the issue, MSET has just been patched forever. the R4i gold 3ds does have an option in the wood menu for 3ds mode but it obviously doesn't work.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the r4i gold is from r4ids.cn so that's not the issue, MSET has just been patched forever. the R4i gold 3ds does have an option in the wood menu for 3ds mode but it obviously doesn't work.
Oh, I didn't know that r4i gold can from r4ids.cn. I always thought that most r4is came from r4isdhc.com

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that r4i gold can from r4ids.cn. I always thought that most r4is came from r4isdhc.com
There's a million different sites that sell flash carts, r4i-sdhc does a lot of the lower cost ones but they're kinda dumpy in my opinion.

there is no way to play 3ds roms on 11.0 at all, either get a hardmod or live with what you have for now.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a million different sites that sell flash carts, r4i-sdhc does a lot of the lower cost ones but they're kinda dumpy in my opinion.

there is no way to play 3ds roms on 11.0 at all, either get a hardmod or live with what you have for now.
But what about the sky3ds or sky3ds+?

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what about the sky3ds or sky3ds+?
I had forgotten about those, you can buy a Sky3DS if you want to play roms on 11.0 but you're kind of limited with that and you'd have to get someone else to dump a private header for you if you want to play online with a better chance of not being banned. I don't have any experience with those, though I don't know if I'd spend $90 on them either, you could get someone to do a hardmod for you for less than that as far as I know.

Last edited by Hking0036,

bamboori

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well considering i already have most of the games i want to play on 3ds ill live without 3ds roms for now (also theres a myriad of ds games to play when i run out). if im ever in a pinch ill either buy the game or do a hardmod (if no softmod is available to that date).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all