R4i Gold 1.4.1 and Pokemon B/W

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Laughlyn, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011
  1. Laughlyn
    OP

Newcomer Laughlyn Advanced Member

United States
    Picked up the latest version and firmware for teh R4i Gold 1.4.1 and at first i've had my pokemon black game load up but the save file didnt work (from my old bog standard R4 running wood) i opened teh xxxxx.nds.sav in pokesav and resaved it as a standard .sav file my new card could read.
    At first it worked fine, my old game save loaded up no trouble, i got teh latest wifi gift and can even connect to c-gear. anyways i wanted to start a new game on white so removed black from the sd card (leaving the save) and put pokemon white on it. now when i try loading game it says 'save file not found, please restart system' so i got the save file from my old R4 did the same process of opening and saving and game worked, i did normal faff when u first get game and saved after leaving starter town. i decided that i wanted to cheat a bit and give my starter a boost with couple moves and change IV/EVs a bit so i can breeze through game.
    Once i put card back in, save wouldnt load up again and now my black game wont even load despite i've done everything exactly the same.
    card am using is only a 1gb, non SDHC and tried with v6 and 7 of the translation patch but still no luck.
    Any ideas? (oh and yeah i know teh R4 card isnt the greatest but thats all thats available to me at moment cos i can get it cheap)

2. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Wait are you using the latest version of wood r4i gold

3. urbon

Banned urbon Banned

United States
    You should tell us the website on the package of the card or the website on the card.

4. Laughlyn
    OP

United States
    the website for the card is www.r4i-gold.com
    i had B/W running on teh standard firmware from teh website above, it DID work and was very stable, its just nbow it wont lol
    i'll have a google for Wood for R4i Gold but if sumone has a quick link for it i would very much appreciate it

there was also a link to sum website for a program call hAppyware or summat but it looks more liek teh game engine thing from the R4i-SDHC 1.4

5. Laughlyn
    OP

United States
    Actually guys i believe i may have sorted it. when i tried copying new wood over there was a corrupt folder thats not meant to have been on my card so a reformat of the card and complete fresh copy of the firmware and i have my save of black running as we speak.
    I found a version of Wood for R4i Gold but its not clear wether it would work on my 1.4.1 card or not but any help on that also woul dbe much appreciated since i have a seperate card with all my pokemon games on it so i can easily flick through saves of my retail cards [​IMG]

6. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Then thats not the original r4i gold because it suppose to be www.r4ids.cn

7. urbon

Banned urbon Banned

United States
    The genuine one should be www.r4ids.cn, which is supported by wood r4.