Hacking R4i from dsi

Lennardk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi I have an R4i from my old dsixl and its not working on the dsixl anymore but it do work on my old3ds 11.5 cfw.
But then I tryed it on an other old3d 11.5 cfw and it didn't work and I dont uderstand why.
And I thought u would need a special r4i 3ds to run it on an 3ds.

dont work mean the system dont show up a cartrige.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Older DSi flashcarts were locked out of the DSi after 1.4.1 (iirc) and had to update how their headers actually worked.
3DS's with CFW removed the security methods used by Nintendo preventing flashcarts from working, which is why they work on the 3DS
Stock 3DS 11.5 requires a flashcart header made after the 7.0 update in order to work without modification to system.

All of this is due to Nintendo updating to prevent flashcarts from working and flashcart devs finding ways around these updates.

Lennardk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Older DSi flashcarts were locked out of the DSi after 1.4.1 (iirc) and had to update how their headers actually worked.
3DS's with CFW removed the security methods used by Nintendo preventing flashcarts from working, which is why they work on the 3DS
Stock 3DS 11.5 requires a flashcart header made after the 7.0 update in order to work without modification to system.

All of this is due to Nintendo updating to prevent flashcarts from working and flashcart devs finding ways around these updates.
Ok but why does it not work on the other 3ds with cfw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies