R4i, DSTTi, EZ Flashi?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Virgil, Apr 19, 2009.

Apr 19, 2009

R4i, DSTTi, EZ Flashi? by Virgil at 7:45 PM (2,499 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Virgil
    OP

Newcomer Virgil Member

United States
    I've been searching through constant sites, and checking here for reviews on flash carts and such, and noticed these other flash cart names; R4i, DSTTi, EZ Flashi, etc. Now, what I want to know is what actually is real and what is fake on these flash carts, since I pretty much know the R4i is completely fake and likely will stop working on one firmware fix, DSTTi I've already read that the internal loader for its firmware is can not be updated, and the EZ Flashi just seems to fake to be anything close to real; anyone here have at least used or know if they work? I know the AceKard2i is the only current working DSi flash cart, but I am not sure still if that is 100%, and this help will be of great importance.

2. noammax

Member noammax GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thank you for reserching before you posted! R4i is fake. Im not sure about dstti. ez flashi
    is real. If you cant wait, I suggest acecard 2i, alough ez is also good. I myself got the acecard 2i.

However, if you can wait, there should be better stuff in the future. Im not just talking about the newley announced itouch 2 which you should really look into as its supposed to be BETTER than all of the current dsi flash cards. The dsi hasent been fully hacked so the current flash cards will not take advantage of any of the
    new feartures dsi has to offer, exept for the bigger screens.

The bottom line: You have 3 choices. 1) Wait for the itouch 2 and check the reviews, as it looks like its gonna be pretty cool. 2) Get the acecard 2i. In my humble opinion, thats the best dsi flash card out so far.
    ez flashi is also very good. 3) Wait. I have this strange feeling that teem cyclops (cyclo evelution) is prepering something really cool. I guess all we can do is wait and see! I hope this helps [​IMG]

EDIT: I just noticed this is in the wrong section. That could explain why nobody responded in 2 seconds. Can someone fix this?

3. Virgil
    OP

Newcomer Virgil Member

United States
    Oh, it is in the wrong area? Sorry about that, but thanks for clarifying about R4i and EZi, i'll make a note of it upon future purchase of it for my future DSi; I'm checking up on it for my friends, that is why, to make sure. I'll keep an eye out for the iTouch2, thanks for telling me about it xD