R4i Dorasu rev C cards without the white dot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tripleh3lix, Oct 9, 2013.

1. tripleh3lix
    OP

tripleh3lix Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2011
    United States
    Has anyone found a way around this to fix updating? I cannot update this card to support 6.0+ firmware, I'm getting card check fail. I have an R4i Gold RTS from R4ids.cn, I bought it in June from RealHotStuff. I've fired multiple emails to them, they told me to file an RMA and I can't cause it says expired..

So my questions are..

Has anyone found a way to fix these cards to update and work on newer firmwares?

Also if I get Pokemon X and it forces update to 6.30 + to play, will I have an issue if I get the updated r4i card? Or do I just tell them to update the version for me to the latest?

2. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    My R4i works on 6.3.0 without problems.

3. tripleh3lix
    OP

tripleh3lix Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2011
    United States
    I know that. But I can't update it :( It is an issue with the Dorasu version of the cards that shipped a few months ago, cause they're older. They don't support the firmware upgrading to 1.60 and higher patches. These are the ones where some you have to cut PCB, I haven't updated mine in a few months, so when I tried last night I got this error. It's only this specific card and board on the r4i rts models.

4. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    pretty sure its a board issue as there where re-branded Metroid ones which failed to update (possible knockoffs that the people that bought them modded and resold)

only option is to get a new card saddly

5. tripleh3lix
    OP

tripleh3lix Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2011
    United States
    Ah okay. So if I do get a new chip (r4i since I can't afford ds two), could I update my 3ds to the new firmware and just get the new chip/ then update with my 3ds on the new firmware? I bought this from realhotstuff.com and the site says r4ids.cn.

6. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    yes the R4ids.cn cards are good (they have a RevD card now) so you might get the newer one that works straight away on 6.3.0

7. tripleh3lix
    OP

tripleh3lix Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2011
    United States

I hope realhotstuff can replace this for me. They might be able to, we'll see. It's been over 90 days, but im just short by about 3 weeks :/ we'll see how it goes.