Hacking R4i Deluxe "MultiROM" feature demo for firmware V4.0b2

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm guessing that they purposely shot the video upside down in an attempt to distract viewers from the fact that they do not show the face of the card.

People are so busy thinking, "why the hell is the video upside down?", when they could otherwise have been thinking, "what the hell card is this and why don't they show the front side?"

They probably did that so other clones can use the same video since they seem to share firmware.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not going to support the ones who had the idea of bricking first , and expensive price. The 1 month delayed brick is a good theory. Then again i'll just roll back the time on my 3ds for 2 more weeks and we will easily check if there are bricks or not

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing that they purposely shot the video upside down in an attempt to distract viewers from the fact that they do not show the face of the card.

People are so busy thinking, "why the hell is the video upside down?", when they could otherwise have been thinking, "what the hell card is this and why don't they show the front side?"

Like OP said , they have done the same in every video

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not going to support the ones who had the idea of bricking first , and expensive price. The 1 month delayed brick is a good theory. Then again i'll just roll back the time on my 3ds for 2 more weeks and we will easily check if there are bricks or not

Ya I don't agree with the bricking either having the r4i in addition the the gateway myself. I was only speculating with the delay brick timer but I still think r4i would be smart enough to look for ANY type of brick code (assuming they know what to look for). I would personally wait for a little while before jumping on the latest 4.0B2 as there will be many other guinea pigs eager to test for you.. all you'll be missing out on is multi-rom and NAND saving games for now.. patience might save your 3ds ;) or you can change the time (good idea btw)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

see the problem is, that booby traps are secret, and there are loads of different ways to mess with people copying the code, they could go further and trigger it via the internet at any random giver time, or trigger it after a certain amount of boots, this is the point im trying to make, i would not feel comfortable being on the side that is being targeted by a crazy brick wielding maniac, if your going to walk the dodgy path of 3ds flashcards at least do it with the guy holding the guns rather than the guys getting aimed at

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
see the problem is, that booby traps are secret, and there are loads of different ways to mess with people copying the code, they could go further and trigger it via the internet at any random giver time, or trigger it after a certain amount of boots, this is the point im trying to make, i would not feel comfortable being on the side that is being targeted by a crazy brick wielding maniac, if your going to walk the dodgy path of 3ds flashcards at least do it with the guy holding the guns rather than the guys getting aimed at

No problem with either , I don't turn off my 3ds ever or go into internet . Also rofl at that gun comparison , no comment. by that logic go with nintendo which is aiming to delete gateway LOL

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"crazy brick wielding maniacs" lmao Stealing code from software hackers is definitely not a wise choice. At least if people switch to gateway there is a better chance now of selling the r4i deluxe since it will soon support multi-rom, emunand, etc.. if you are concerned about brick code you could always sell to someone willing to take the risk and pay the difference (which is like $20)... better than buying a new 3DS ~$200, damn son that's like 10x more! :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No problem with either , I don't turn off my 3ds ever or go into internet . Also rofl at that gun comparison , no comment. by that logic go with nintendo which is aiming to delete gateway LOL

its a metaphor, im not saying its anything literally like getting shot,and yeah nintendo does have gateway in their sights but hopefully they dont turn into brick wielding maniacs any time soon, i would prefer to have 1 target on my head rather than 2

Reactions: porkiewpyne

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If we're into throwing hypothesis tho , what if by disabling emunand the brick code is disabled too?

My guess is if they are smart enough to hack a 3DS 1st (create gateway) and come up with brick code, they are smart enough to target the system NAND.. not the emunand they created to begin with! :P lolz

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that , but because the emunand part is maybe the code that gives acces to the nand for the brick code doing his work. Maybe that's why they disabled it on mt card release

I still can only think they are taking all this time to release it for finding , deleting the brick code and then testing it , if they are not doing it in another way like just copying the multirom part. If not why not release it instantly like they have always done?

Reactions: SaggyBeans

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Something interesting , I asked them in a mail if there was going to be pokemon X/Y , eshop support besides multirom and they replied me with "not at this time" . I say interesting because omega 2.1 already had nand games support. This has to confirm that they either only copy the multirom feature and add it on top of the secure mt card launcher , or that they copied the entire omega but have knowledge enough to disable features.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something interesting , I asked them in a mail if there was going to be pokemon X/Y , eshop support besides multirom and they replied me with "not at this time" . I say interesting because omega 2.1 already had nand games support. This has to confirm that they either only copy the multirom feature and add it on top of the secure mt card launcher , or that they copied the entire omega but have knowledge enough to disable features.

I presume they selectively copied some features that MIGHT not require a FGPA update?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Well your completely wrong... Multirom is easy. NAND saving requires special cart command handling which is why gw updated their fpga.

Well duh , I thought multirom needing to show an osd menu and detect the multiple games to mount it as one single game when selected on the sd card would need way more of an fpga update than saving to the inside of the rom xD

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
multirom is just software... the carts already do everything needed for it hardware wise. NAND saving requires some hardware changes which clones can't do.. they could always do it through software but that requires a lot more work and theres no one they can steal the code from :P

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1