OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Hello all,

Sorry if this has been answered already but ive been searching all day and still struggling.

I have an R4i 3DS Gold revolution for DS. It worked great last time i used it which was about 2 years ago.

Today i tried putting the latest kernel (v1.83b) downloaded from r4ids.cn on the SD card, which i reformatted today.

In my 3DS (original version) running V11.0.0 33 i get error occurred.
I have an original NDS (Phat) which i believe is on V2 as i get a blueish grey screen after ejecting the SD card. On here i get a blank screen when loading the R4i card.

As said i have tried reformatting the SD card.

Is there anything i can do to get this working? Maybe im using the wrong kernel?
Is the card broken? If so im looking at the card which plays 3DS. Is the R4i deluxe the best one? whats the best place to buy from?

Again sorry if this is a common issue, ive just been searching all day and not sure what else to do

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
You can't. You have to use cfw if you want to use that card(luma3ds)
I'm assuming that you are on OFW 11.0 so you're screwed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been answered already but ive been searching all day and still struggling.

I have an R4i 3DS Gold revolution for DS. It worked great last time i used it which was about 2 years ago.

Today i tried putting the latest kernel (v1.83b) downloaded from r4ids.cn on the SD card, which i reformatted today.

In my 3DS (original version) running V11.0.0 33 i get error occurred.
I have an original NDS (Phat) which i believe is on V2 as i get a blueish grey screen after ejecting the SD card. On here i get a blank screen when loading the R4i card.

As said i have tried reformatting the SD card.

Is there anything i can do to get this working? Maybe im using the wrong kernel?
Is the card broken? If so im looking at the card which plays 3DS. Is the R4i deluxe the best one? whats the best place to buy from?

Again sorry if this is a common issue, ive just been searching all day and not sure what else to do
If you want to buy a decent card from a genuine site(gbatemp sponsor )go for this one http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

haysmith999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
You can't. You have to use cfw if you want to use that card(luma3ds)
I'm assuming that you are on OFW 11.0 so you're screwed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want to buy a decent card from a genuine site(gbatemp sponsor )go for this one http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

Thanks, yeh im on ofw 11 so I guess ill have to get a new one then. Can this card play 3DS games just in 2D or is it just NDS games?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks, yeh im on ofw 11 so I guess ill have to get a new one then. Can this card play 3DS games just in 2D or is it just NDS games?
The only carts that can run 3DS games are Gateway and Sky3DS and its variants. These carts are called 3DS mode carts. The one linked to you above is called a DS mode cart. DS mode carts can only run DS games and DS homebrew.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks for you help, think i will just stick with a DS mode cart for now :)
And you probably should. 3DS mode carts cost WAY more than DS mode carts, besides there's a magnificent thing such as CFW which has most of the features of a 3DS mode cart and several advantages over it. It's also free. Just wait for some hax to appear for 11.0.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.