R4i Card, Alex Rider Stormbreaker THQ, Homebrew, Powersaves

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dahood, Nov 21, 2015.

1. dahood
    OP

dahood Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi,

I have an R4i Card V1.4.1 which shows Alex Rider Stormbreaker THQ on my Old 3DS v.10.2.0.28E and after running it, it gives me an error and I have to restart my 3DS.
    I read a lot and I know I have to update my R4i Card on an older version of 3DS. And I also knwo that its not possible without an older 3DS, is it?

No my question is if I can update my R4i card in my Homebrew launcher? Maybe there is an app to update my R4i card? Or maybe i can use my PowerSaves to update my R4i card?

Since I have PowerSaves, i was thinking if its possible to erase the current game inside the Cartridge and upload another game? For example I have Tony Hawk Pro Skater. I dnt need it! Could I upload another ?game in this cartridge and get rid of Tony Hawk Pro Skater. This question is just coz I am curious and wanna know if this is possible?

2. Mrrraou

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    You could update it with a DS, DS Lite, and DSi too.
    No.
    No.

3. dahood
    OP

dahood Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for your answer. At least u saved me couples of hours trying to figure it out before i give up.

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    @Mrrraou Do you know a guide how to? I have one of those extract same carst and I'd like to upgrade it, it works in the DS Lite just not in the rest.

5. Mrrraou

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    There is one in the Supercard DSTwo forum

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Get the latest firmware update (not kernel, that's different) from the manufacturer's website, put the .nds on your MicroSD card and load it using the cart.