Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unz said:
agentgamma said:
(...) iPikachui
Gesundheit!

One question I have to ask is - Why on Earth is anyone even considering buying one of these cards?
blink.gif

They all look completely dodgy.

Even if they do work as advertised, one DSi firmware update from the big N, and the party's over.

they're noobs some people buy R4 colnes without knowing and then they do this
hate2.gif

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
agentgamma said:
(...) iPikachui
Gesundheit!

One question I have to ask is - Why on Earth is anyone even considering buying one of these cards?
blink.gif

They all look completely dodgy.

Even if they do work as advertised, one DSi firmware update from the big N, and the party's over.

actually I dont quite think that way..

it is possible for them to patch it, but it is hard to find a way to block it..

the new firmware update 1.2J still allowing acekard 2i to bypass it..

so I dont really think it will be that easy for Nintendo to patch it...

also, you can reverse your firmware all the time from options
biggrin.gif

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shansoft said:
Rob_Threat said:
shansoft said:
funny that I dont even find M3i Real information..

even off their website...

m3adapter.com isn't often updated. their Chinese site mentioned it a weeks ago.

I check 2 of their chinese site, not on it...

it's not featured, it's mentioned. first uttered in the Chinese Sakura upcoming release news. it's listed in the Sakura section of download area as well.

http://www.gbalpha.cn/China/GBalpha_news/h...2008-12/147.htm

http://www.gbalpha.cn/China/GBalpha_Downlo...asp?SoftID=2907

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Toni Plutonij said:
DaMummy said:
who the hell still uses r4 and m3 these days? arent those companies from the ds phat days? i think its time to upgrade people....
M3 is from GBA days, but get your facts straight..There is nothing similar in R4 and M3 Real..
M3 Real is very much active cart with updates and support! No reason to upgrade from it whatsoever!

And I'm using it..
Well, there is - They can use each other's DLDI driver read-only, so there need to be similarities in the reading routines.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Fat D said:
Toni Plutonij said:
DaMummy said:
who the hell still uses r4 and m3 these days? arent those companies from the ds phat days? i think its time to upgrade people....
M3 is from GBA days, but get your facts straight..There is nothing similar in R4 and M3 Real..
M3 Real is very much active cart with updates and support! No reason to upgrade from it whatsoever!

And I'm using it..
Well, there is - They can use each other's DLDI driver read-only, so there need to be similarities in the reading routines.
Really? You can use R4/M3 Simply DLDI with M3 Real? Or was that some kind of misunderstanding?

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Dsi has Firmware updates if im correct, so nintendo will just keep blocking the Flashcards With firmware updates so you will keep on having to wait for updates on your Cards or just dont update your dsi well w/e for me Ds lite FTW!

dfgged

Bridges
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I was thinking about getting an R4 too...
Whats the point now, might as well just get the iTouch which is what I'm planning to do.
excl.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Dizzy Doom said:
I think he meant the read-only version, meaning you can only read (not write).
I got that. It's interesting enough that R4/M3 Simply DLDI can be used on M3 Real at all. That means they're not so different.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can read files on Sakura when patched with another flashcard's DLDI file but you can't load homebrew or games on it due to the loader checking and expecting the M3 Real hardware.

Also I suggest you stay away from the R4i, its a clone of the R4i with a modified boot loader so it works on the DSi and I bet you with the quality of the clone cards on the market now, that this is made very cheap and doesn't have flashable hardware like all the other R4 clones. Meaning that once Nintendo releases an update to block it, there is no way it can be updated to work on the DSi anymore. Meaning you just bought yourself a useless hunk of plastic.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geokilla said:
R4 will never die. There's simply too much demand for it, whether they're real or fake R4s.

I know people who are dead set on getting R4s and saying how bad the other karts are is because it doesn't have the 100% claim that all games would run fine on it. R4 is simply too popular in the market, so R4 is here to stay, whether we like it or not. However, we all know that the R4 is probably the crappiest flash kart in the market.

I was at a store today with my friend who was getting his Wii back from getting it modified. A couple customers came in and they were all looking for R4s. The store was sold out of R4 so he told them about DSTT, and the customers were just going like "
blink.gif
DSTT?" The owner had to explain it, he even said that the R4 is more popular so that's the reason why they're sold out. DSTT is probably the 2nd more popular flash kart because it's sold in stores. In the end, because R4 started this whole flash kart thing, people will think R4 is the best, even if you do tell them that it's one of the worst flash karts on the market now compared to AceKard or SuperCard or M3.
What kind of store sells flashcarts?!(not online)

Evan123456789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4 team have made probably the best and reliable flashcard ever... in it's time. I have to say a lot of companies sort of copied the R4 but i can't blame them it's just business. Because the R4 team Dissolved in Mid 2008 I'm definitely not buying The r4i For now it looks like the Acekard 2i is the best and most reliable DSi flashcard

ZaneF7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recieved the R4i as shown in this website http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp... I have been able to get every game I tried to put on except Grand theft Auto China Town to work.

I have over 15 games on so far and everything is smooth.

I will be able to post some pictures or maybe a video later today or tomorrow.

But I just posted this to let everyone know that the R4i DOES WORK and I have had no problems so far.

You can ask me questions if you guys want

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: