Hacking R4i, Acekard 2i, Which to buy and from where?!

Remorseless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone ;)

As the title asked, I'm having some confusion between getting the R4i and the Acekard 2i, what are its advantages/disadvantages? I know that the R4i has many more clones going around.

I should say that I live in the UK, so I'm looking for good places to buy it from, I also own a DSi which is currently on 1.4.1 :) - I looked around and found this site: http://www.r4ukshop.com/r4i-card-c-11.html - This store sells both the Acekard and R4i, as well as the R4i dual core which I've heard makes little difference. Is that place good to order from?

I'm just looking for a simple card that I can buy here in the UK that I can play my backups and whatnot on my DSi - Also what version must my DSi be on? Again it's currently on 1.4.1

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought that they was just creating the updates, so its mean that they dont will update any more??

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its sad, all roms runs clean without the boring patches :(.
Do you know if have original R4 that is not a clone and fake???????????????
I will use for DSi XL and 3DS XL, but I need to know first if have original carts.

The newest R4 versions (for DS XL AND 3DS XL) still need to patch a lot of roms before put into SD card ???

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO (which is what's responsible for loading games) isn't made by the Acekard team.

The original-model R4 (from the actual R4 team) does not run on anything past the DS/Lite.

If your worry is not having to patch games, then read the stickies.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get
Everything there plays most games without patches.

Remorseless

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help guys! - I've decided to go with the R4i/R4i 3DS gold - Do they both support version 1.4.1? I know the R4i 3DS does, but do I just let my DSi update to 1.4.3?
Also, does the link I provided in the original post seem fine?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for all the help guys! - I've decided to go with the R4i/R4i 3DS gold - Do they both support version 1.4.1? I know the R4i 3DS does, but do I just let my DSi update to 1.4.3?
Also, does the link I provided in the original post seem fine?

If you want a cheap and good flashcard I recommend r4i Gold, it does indeed support DSi 1.4.3.
To say the truth it supports the most current DSi(1.4.5) and 3DS firmwares(6.0.0-1X)

I do not know the shop you mentioned,
I recommend buying from shoptemp:
http://shoptemp.net/products/R4i-Gold-3DS-For-Nintendo-3DS.html

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone ;)

As the title asked, I'm having some confusion between getting the R4i and the Acekard 2i, what are its advantages/disadvantages? I know that the R4i has many more clones going around.

I should say that I live in the UK, so I'm looking for good places to buy it from, I also own a DSi which is currently on 1.4.1 :) - I looked around and found this site: http://www.r4ukshop.com/r4i-card-c-11.html - This store sells both the Acekard and R4i, as well as the R4i dual core which I've heard makes little difference. Is that place good to order from?

I'm just looking for a simple card that I can buy here in the UK that I can play my backups and whatnot on my DSi - Also what version must my DSi be on? Again it's currently on 1.4.1

Oh thats easy.... neither. Supercard DSTwo... nuff said.

burtonclark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ak2i is a famous card,yet, it has stopped update for ages, so if you want buy r4 card, then r4i gold 3ds is your best choice, it is the best r4i card at present, uses wood firmware,with a quicker updating and can be used on 3ds latest firmware v6.1.0-11 as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol