Hacking R4I 3ds works on DSL but not even loading on 3ds

XxXGodXxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i bought this card from a friend and it works well but he must have not used it on a 3ds because it will not work. I have tried updating it i have the most recent wood 1.64 and i have the 6.2.0-12 3ds but it will not let me update it. When i try to run the patch file on my DSL it fails the card check. i did a lot of research and i cannot find any helpful information because it seems no one else has had this problem.

LiQuid!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same for me.

I have purple model 3DS updated to 9.2.0.20U

r4i Gold 3DS bought from here http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html

Got wood 1.64 firmware from here http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm

Card works in my old DS original fat model but when I try in 3DS I get "Error has occurred" and it tells me to turn off power.

I had this card working on older 3DS firmware when I first bought it (when Pokemon XY came out last year), but since I keep it updated to play Pokemon card doesn't work, even tho I read everywhere it should work even on latest 3DS update.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have no experience with the R4i 3DS Gold, the only advice I can provide is that you have to update the firmware (not menu/kernel) on a console that still runs it. If the installer check fails, your card might be incompatible/not genuine. Be sure to make a distinction between the DSL and the DSi/3DS installers - they do differ. ;)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's one of those infamously bad "Rev C" carts, like I have. I haven't severed the line on mine, I just keep it for my DSi, and it's good. I bought the new RTS model for my 2DS, and it plays even on the newest firmware. Nintendo gave up on blocking DS-mode flashcarts to go after the bigger fish, probably because the DS wasn't generating them profits anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.