R4i 3DS Unlimited Upgradable won't work in NDSi XL or NDS Lite

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by craven31, Dec 27, 2012.

1. craven31
    OP

Newcomer craven31 Newbie

Australia
    Hi just wondering if anyone can help? Have spent hours trawling this site looking for a fix but can't find one that works.....

I bought my son a Nintendo DSi XL for xmas, along with a R4i 3DS Unlimited Upgradable card preloaded with 50 games. When I first bought the card a month ago I tested it in my daughters old DS Lite and it worked fine. Bought the new dsi xl and tested the card, again it worked fine. Gave to my son for xmas and worked for about an hour before it stopped recognising the card. Just came up as no game card inserted. Tried in ds lite and the same thing.

Stupidly I then updated the dsi xl to the latest v 1.4.5 (only later realising this wouldn't solve the problem!). Still no joy obviously. Tried to upgrade the firmware on the card itself from www.r4i-sdhc.hk but card still wont show on either console so I don't know if that worked or not.

Please help?! Thank you so much in advance!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. craven31
    OP

Newcomer craven31 Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for your response. Tried the paper tricks but still not working. Looks like I will have to get a new cartridge. Can anyone tell me if I buy a new r4 cart can I use my existing micro sd in it with the games already on there?
    Cheers

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Games aren't cart-specific, so you'll just have to replace the software on your MicroSD with the stuff for the new cart and the games should work. Most carts use the same save type nowadays so it should work, but some don't so you might need to convert those.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get