Hacking [R4i 3DS]thinking of getting one but need a little help please!

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I can't get the snes emulator to work?

I start it and then it just freezes. It never even gives me a rom list?
Any help ?

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I can't use any features:
Cheat codes, rts, rtg (real time guide)

Its blacked out and says that sd card fragment error.

However I can play the games fine... 0_o ran into a similar problem mega ?

D

Deleted User

Hey I can't get the snes emulator to work?

I start it and then it just freezes. It never even gives me a rom list?
Any help ?

If you're using lolSNES, switch over to SNEMUL. If this is an issue you're getting with SNEMUL, make sure your SNES games are in a folder named "SNES" on the root of your Micro SD card.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using lolSNES, switch over to SNEMUL. If this is an issue you're getting with SNEMUL, make sure your SNES games are in a folder named "SNES" on the root of your Micro SD card.

yep got that fixed. the fragment error I don't understand though. Because there is a few options and a few different ways to format with panasonic and im not sure which one to do.

D

Deleted User

yep got that fixed. the fragment error I don't understand though. Because there is a few options and a few different ways to format with panasonic and im not sure which one to do.

If I remember correctly, FAT32.
If it's not that, I'll check when I get home. I don't have my R4i with me right now.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back your files up and then format.

MosfZkJ.png

is this correct ?

EDIT:

After I tested it with One game and r4i menu.

It loads game fine but again, will not allow me to go into cheats or RTS. and says error at top of screen

D

Deleted User

MosfZkJ.png

is this correct ?

EDIT:

After I tested it with One game and r4i menu.

It loads game fine but again, will not allow me to go into cheats or RTS. and says error at top of screen

The cheats file may not exist on your card.
I can give you mine, but I have an R4i Gold, so I don't know if it will work.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cheats file may not exist on your card.
I can give you mine, but I have an R4i Gold, so I don't know if it will work.

lol apparently I am dumb.

You press b and it sorts through the options. Still not sure how to get to real time guide though... Can anyone offer hint on that?

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha...I have the same error you do now. I was wondering why I couldn't "rewind" when playing NES ROM anymore. Trying a reformat now

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A note on SD Formatter v4. It sets the card to official specs so there really isn't an option to choose the format. So if you are using a big one (32GB or larger) reset the card to official specs and then use another tool to format it to FAT32. You really shouldn't ever need to do an erase. Also there is a manual ton the new site that explains all the options.

I have never really used the RTS feature but reports are it is kind of buggy.

Another thing you may have better luck getting answers over on the DS sub forums regard this cart.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
first of all SNES/GBA emulators on anything besides the SuperCard DSTwo is crap just accept it. Well actually for and end user that just want's to play games using them they are crap, they are more of a Proof Of Concept. SNES is only possible properly with a SuperCard DSTwo or an R4 with a slot 2 ram expansion card which means you must have a DS(L) not a 3DS or DSi and at that point any SNES game that was released on the GBA you might as well use an EZ-Flash 3in1 to play them. GBA you might get Mother 3 to load but it doesn't save the Framerate is only about 10FPS instead of 24 and the music is garbled and to play Mother 3 properly you need to press the buttons to the timing of the beat of the battle music to perform higher hit combo's. Super Mario? he's not there but his enemies are there that seems impossible to play unless you've completely mastered how the camera moves and can tell when the camera moves where mario is. Pokemon just plain out doesn't load.

Moonshell is a multimedia player with fmod audio and it's own custom mpeg mp4 container for video playback, I have 2 R4i Gold RTS 3DS cards + an EZ-Flash 3in1 for my 2 DS lite's that me and my girlfriend have any infromation needed on this cart ask me i'll be glad to help out, and yes you want to use the panasonic SD formatter with the Overwrite(full) option on your sd card before doing anything.

There are errors with the Wood and different file system sizes I had found this with 2 games on 2 different SD cards one 8GB(my Friends 3DS) and a 16GB on my own DS lite for example the konami arcade collection on a 16GB card doesn't play unless you turn off RTS or use the panasonic sd formatter without the formatter or RTS turned off the game just black screens the same thing happens with Golden Sun Dark Dawn on the 8GB SD card (I bought my friend the R4i Gold from R4ids.cn for christmas a year and a half ago still works on his 3DS to this day) in this case however changing the settings does nothing for GS:DD it will always black screen. The only thing that gets it to boot is formatting with the panasonic sd formatter with overwrite(full) option.

there is a multimedia kernel for this card aswell which uses moonshell and wood together, I have take the multimedia kernel and updated wood because the dev team wouldn't do it, They gave me the response that if I wanted the newer wood to just use the new kernel. I call it just being lazy on their part. it took me all of 20 minutes to figure out. if you want this just ask me i'll zip it up and send you a copy I have a back copy of when I first did it, so that if I changed any settings that went wrong I could restore it, that never happened though. I also have some pretty cool themes for wood. I have the theme maker that works for this card.

So like I said let me know if anyone needs help with this card the R4ids.cn team doesn't really seem to care about supporting user's questions unless it's about the R4i Deluxe Kit, which is just a gateway clone that never got updated. But overall their DS mode card is the mostly wide used here, and a lot of user's here like myself can provide support for it.

bbcali89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all SNES/GBA emulators on anything besides the SuperCard DSTwo is crap just accept it. Well actually for and end user that just want's to play games using them they are crap, they are more of a Proof Of Concept. SNES is only possible properly with a SuperCard DSTwo or an R4 with a slot 2 ram expansion card which means you must have a DS(L) not a 3DS or DSi and at that point any SNES game that was released on the GBA you might as well use an EZ-Flash 3in1 to play them. GBA you might get Mother 3 to load but it doesn't save the Framerate is only about 10FPS instead of 24 and the music is garbled and to play Mother 3 properly you need to press the buttons to the timing of the beat of the battle music to perform higher hit combo's. Super Mario? he's not there but his enemies are there that seems impossible to play unless you've completely mastered how the camera moves and can tell when the camera moves where mario is. Pokemon just plain out doesn't load.

Moonshell is a multimedia player with fmod audio and it's own custom mpeg mp4 container for video playback, I have 2 R4i Gold RTS 3DS cards + an EZ-Flash 3in1 for my 2 DS lite's that me and my girlfriend have any infromation needed on this cart ask me i'll be glad to help out, and yes you want to use the panasonic SD formatter with the Overwrite(full) option on your sd card before doing anything.

There are errors with the Wood and different file system sizes I had found this with 2 games on 2 different SD cards one 8GB(my Friends 3DS) and a 16GB on my own DS lite for example the konami arcade collection on a 16GB card doesn't play unless you turn off RTS or use the panasonic sd formatter without the formatter or RTS turned off the game just black screens the same thing happens with Golden Sun Dark Dawn on the 8GB SD card (I bought my friend the R4i Gold from R4ids.cn for christmas a year and a half ago still works on his 3DS to this day) in this case however changing the settings does nothing for GS:DD it will always black screen. The only thing that gets it to boot is formatting with the panasonic sd formatter with overwrite(full) option.

there is a multimedia kernel for this card aswell which uses moonshell and wood together, I have take the multimedia kernel and updated wood because the dev team wouldn't do it, They gave me the response that if I wanted the newer wood to just use the new kernel. I call it just being lazy on their part. it took me all of 20 minutes to figure out. if you want this just ask me i'll zip it up and send you a copy I have a back copy of when I first did it, so that if I changed any settings that went wrong I could restore it, that never happened though. I also have some pretty cool themes for wood. I have the theme maker that works for this card.

So like I said let me know if anyone needs help with this card the R4ids.cn team doesn't really seem to care about supporting user's questions unless it's about the R4i Deluxe Kit, which is just a gateway clone that never got updated. But overall their DS mode card is the mostly wide used here, and a lot of user's here like myself can provide support for it.

My only question is really getting rtg (real time guide) to work. It will load the guide but it freezes when it does.
Also somewhat interested in multimedia kernel. Does this mean I can listen to music while I play a game or ?

Yeah I knew gba emulation was terrible. And that for said emulation you pretty much NEED ds two.

That said is the gba emulation for dstwo pretty good? I love my psp but I play my 3ds more. So if I can get similar compatibility through 3ds that would be awesome.

to be clear I now have these two cards:

R4I RTS SDHC
and r4i gold (Original)

R4i gold is still in plastic.

I've been enjoying portrait of ruin again :) with the sdhc
But I wanted to see drop rates for stuff while I played hence the in game guide question.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My only question is really getting rtg (real time guide) to work. It will load the guide but it freezes when it does.
Also somewhat interested in multimedia kernel. Does this mean I can listen to music while I play a game or ?

Yeah I knew gba emulation was terrible. And that for said emulation you pretty much NEED ds two.

That said is the gba emulation for dstwo pretty good? I love my psp but I play my 3ds more. So if I can get similar compatibility through 3ds that would be awesome.

to be clear I now have these two cards:

R4I RTS SDHC
and r4i gold (Original)

R4i gold is still in plastic.

I've been enjoying portrait of ruin again :) with the sdhc
But I wanted to see drop rates for stuff while I played hence the in game guide question.

I don't know anything about the R4i SDHC cards I only know about the R4i Gold RTS 3DS card the Real Time Guide is something only with the SDHC as far as I am aware.
The Multimedia kernel allows you to browse through your music/videos/games/text documents all in one place instead of using Wood to browse your games and to load moonshell from wood to browse your music/videos/text documents. Although one glitch that did appear when I update the woodr4.nds file is that it now just loads wood 1.64 instead of browsing the games, but this at least gives you full homebrew capabilities that the multimedia kernel didn't allow before.

There is a gba emulator that further fixes the gba emulator that the dstwo uses originally. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tempgba-ndsgba-revival.343210/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte