Hacking "R4i 3DS Revolution for DS" Revision 7 outdated?

Slynch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey GBATemp!

I recently acquired a 3DS as well as a DS flashcart that supposedly supported 3DS. After some research, I found that the newest FW version of the 3DS does not support my flashcart revision (7).

So I did what any customer would do and emailed the website (r4ids.cn).

Might be, not sure, we are still working on it anyway....

support@r4ids

Date: 2014-04-25 02:00
To: [email protected]
Subject: R4i Gold 3DS Revision 7 on 3DS 7.1.0

Hello,

Is there any possibility in the future of adding support on Revision 7 R4i Gold 3DS for 3DS version 7.1.0?

From that response I can establish that they have positively no intention of updating it.

I make this thread for two reasons:
1) To warn that "r4ids.cn" sucks complete donkeys, and avoid like the plague. Who knows if you buy a new version if they'll stop supporting that one quickly too?
2) To ask if I am well and truly screwed. I can use the cart on my fat DS, but that means I need two devices, when I'd really like to have an all-rounder.

Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Just two things:

1. If you're honestly buying a DS only card - get a SuperCardTwo. R4 cards are notorious for being blocked in almost every firmware update.
2. 3DS is still 4.1-4.5

Most of the info is in the stickies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i wouldn't set my expectations high on something that was already on revision 7 :P

they are actually upto rev c now i think....that's 12 revisions lol, looking on their site i think the rev 7 only works up to 3.x or 4.2....something in that region

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) To warn that "r4ids.cn" sucks complete donkeys, and avoid like the plague. Who knows if you buy a new version if they'll stop supporting that one quickly too?
2) To ask if I am well and truly screwed. I can use the cart on my fat DS, but that means I need two devices, when I'd really like to have an all-rounder.

Pretty much, you get what you pay for
They wont fork over an extra $20 for a dstwo and complain when their r4 clone in blocked and r4 teams says to buy the new hardware and then continue to buy clones

Slynch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've cut my losses and bought a new flashcart that's compatible with 7.1.0-16. Thanks for the replies!

And yeah, they keep putting out more and more revisions :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)