Hacking r4i 3ds gold deluxe worth 25USD?

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it said above is it worth it? I found someone local who apaprently doesn't want theirs and I'm kinda nervous about even getting one as I'm super insanely worried about corruption and want to get a full nand backup ASAP so then with that said, should the r4i 3ds gold deluxe be able to backup all of my nand easily/work OK? Admittedly for 25$ I'd jump on it but I need to know how the thing has worked out from others that have it.

P.S. I never got an r4 card originally as there were way too many clones/headaches with quality issues so I opted for a ds2 but for 25USD I'm super tempted.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
make sure its the white card (the 3DS mode card. not the DS mode one.). or both of them, if it is go ahead. maybe the guy updated his console and want to get rid of the card

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure its the white card (the 3DS mode card. not the DS mode one.). or both of them, if it is go ahead. maybe the guy updated his console and want to get rid of the card
it's still got it's packaging which is why I saw it, he said he's got it for 90$ and doesn't want it, I'm thinking he saw the hype of online-emunand etc and then it didn't deliver. I'm hoping that's why I'll have to contact him in awhile and see if I've got the cash still. I'm trying to get a second 3ds so I can do streetpass stuff since I was too dumb to buy a second one a long while ago and in my future is games that _require_ streetpass to complete. currently I only have kid icarus uprising that pretty much requires streetpass to complete with spefic numbers of things and I'd like save editing but I'm still waiting I guess.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so your aware you need your 3ds to be on 4.5 or lower to use the R4 deluxe edition
it's on 4.5.0-10U and I only got there by accident when I was downloading a layton puzzle. It's been offline since forever and I'm trying to get a second oen that's low firmware so I can do simple/easy streetpass fun.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You could just set up homepass relay, much faster than.using only 2 3DS's, you can get hundreds of streetpass very quickly using that, you can get a version for windows,Linux, android and I think there is even custom router firmwares to do it too

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gateway are still the best how ever cheap the R4 is.
R4 doesn't save Pokemon/Animal Crossing and Gateway will be playing 8.x games soon.

But if you don't care about that then yeh it is worth.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just set up homepass relay, much faster than.using only 2 3DS's, you can get hundreds of streetpass very quickly using that, you can get a version for windows,Linux, android and I think there is even custom router firmwares to do it too
big problem with that I believe is that I could accidently get a firmware update couldn't I?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country

dont you need version 6.2 to do that tho?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?