r4i 3ds gold deluxe worth 25USD?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, Aug 17, 2014.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    As it said above is it worth it? I found someone local who apaprently doesn't want theirs and I'm kinda nervous about even getting one as I'm super insanely worried about corruption and want to get a full nand backup ASAP so then with that said, should the r4i 3ds gold deluxe be able to backup all of my nand easily/work OK? Admittedly for 25$ I'd jump on it but I need to know how the thing has worked out from others that have it.

P.S. I never got an r4 card originally as there were way too many clones/headaches with quality issues so I opted for a ds2 but for 25USD I'm super tempted.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    make sure its the white card (the 3DS mode card. not the DS mode one.). or both of them, if it is go ahead. maybe the guy updated his console and want to get rid of the card

3. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    it's still got it's packaging which is why I saw it, he said he's got it for 90$ and doesn't want it, I'm thinking he saw the hype of online-emunand etc and then it didn't deliver. I'm hoping that's why I'll have to contact him in awhile and see if I've got the cash still. I'm trying to get a second 3ds so I can do streetpass stuff since I was too dumb to buy a second one a long while ago and in my future is games that _require_ streetpass to complete. currently I only have kid icarus uprising that pretty much requires streetpass to complete with spefic numbers of things and I'd like save editing but I'm still waiting I guess.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Just so your aware you need your 3ds to be on 4.5 or lower to use the R4 deluxe edition

5. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    it's on 4.5.0-10U and I only got there by accident when I was downloading a layton puzzle. It's been offline since forever and I'm trying to get a second oen that's low firmware so I can do simple/easy streetpass fun.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    You could just set up homepass relay, much faster than.using only 2 3DS's, you can get hundreds of streetpass very quickly using that, you can get a version for windows,Linux, android and I think there is even custom router firmwares to do it too

7. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Gateway are still the best how ever cheap the R4 is.
    R4 doesn't save Pokemon/Animal Crossing and Gateway will be playing 8.x games soon.

But if you don't care about that then yeh it is worth.

8. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    big problem with that I believe is that I could accidently get a firmware update couldn't I?

9. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007

dont you need version 6.2 to do that tho?

10. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    spotpass has been part of the 3ds since forever, I'm not aware of it requring any speficic firmware.

11. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2007

But the spotpass relay was introduced in 6.2 lel

12. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    oh well, heard of emunand? because I have, and with it you can easly do spotpass relays.