R4i 3ds Gold Deluxe and 4.5.0-10U

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Elru Demon, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Elru Demon
    OP

Elru Demon Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Hi, I recently purchased an R4i 3ds Gold Deluxe card set as well as a copyright 2012 pink/white 3ds XL from my local Meijer. I was told any 3ds with copyright 2012 would have version 4.5 or lower and it seems to be true. After receiving my R4i card I looked up the tutorial on the R4i site and did all the steps required but when I try to enter "STARTER" mode it doesn't go black and reboot me. It just stays on the profile edit screen. I have used several different guide you guys have posted even if the steps were just barely different and I cannot get it to work. The only difference I can see is that every guide says to use a 4gb micro SD in the blue card when installing the Wood Kernal and I am using 8gb but it seems to verify and install just fine. Anyone have any hints as to what I could be doing wrong? Or is there anything else I could post to help be more detailed?​
    Thanks in advance ^^​

2. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    did u put launcher.dat in the 3DS SD card? i made a mistake once cus i put the launcher.dat in the micro sd instead of SD card

3. Elru Demon
    OP

Elru Demon Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Yes I did, I tried with and without formatting as well as with the 3ds off and on.

4. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    you did intstall the DS Exploit using the Blue card first right?

5. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Use the installer .nds file that Gateway released, the newest wood firmware is broken.

6. Elru Demon
    OP

Elru Demon Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Tried with gateway installer still doesn't work.

7. Elru Demon
    OP

Elru Demon Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Anyone have any other suggestions? Would really like to get this working today for my girlfriend, this is her xmas present.