Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have
2 3ds's (Also a dsi)
2 r4i 3ds gold cards
both with 16gb micro sd cards.

I the 3ds's to run/save games play music etc on the R4i cards

Using "NDS_Backup_Tool_Wifi" I got it to the point where I try to backup a cartige but it will not read any of the cartiges I put in them.

I know where to find them online, but I want to be able to copy my own. Is it posible with what I have here?

BTW I even have the save dongle but I have not seen a way to get the roms using that.

Any help would be great even a link to provide me a big duh moment

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Use wood wifi dumper v85

What You Will Need:
  • A Nintendo DS and original game cartridge you want to back up
  • A working DLDI compatible flash cart (R4, CycloDS Evo, etc)
  • A working wifi connection that you've tried with homebrew software
  • A working FTP server (we'll be using SmallFTPd on Windows)
  • Wood dumper v85 (Wifi)
  • Pure text editor (like Notepad)
Preparation:
  • On the PC Side:
    • Stop any and all firewalls, security software, etc.
    • Obtain your IP address (probably something like 198.162.0.10) Make a note of this address.
    • Create a folder on your hard drive called C:\temp if you don't already have one.
    • Download and extract SmallFTP.
    • Run SmallFTP (no installation required).
    • Under SETTINGS->GENERAL, change the port to 8080.

generalsettings.jpg
    • Under SETTINGS->ADVANCED, check USE LOCAL IP.

advance.jpg
    • Under SETTINGS->USERS. Hit ADD. Enter a login/password (for this document, use test/test). Under Directories, click ADD. Under PHYSICAL PATH, enter c:\temp. Under Permissions, hit ADD. Under Permissions, make it read LRW, then hit OK. Close out of settings.

directory.jpg

permissions.jpg
    • Under SERVER, click SAVE SETTINGS.
    • Click the PLAY button. It should say FTP SERVER IS RUNNING. If there is an error, you'll need to use a different port number.
Performing the Backup
  • Make sure the FTP is started on your PC.
  • Plug your DS into wall power. Start up your DS, and run the Backup Tool on your DS.
  • If your setup is good, you will see it successfully connect to your FTP server and you'll get a menu (in pretty bad Engrish). If not, go through the procedure above again.
  • You will be instructed to change your flash cart out for the game you want to dump. Put your game in, press A. If the tool says it doesn't recognize the cartridge, repeat this step until it does.
  • Hit R twice, and then hit B. Your game will start dumping. THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME. Below is a table that shows an estimate of how long each size game will take to dump.
4MB 8MB 16MB 32MB 64MB 128MB 3.5 minutes 7 minutes 13.5 minutes 27 minutes 54.5 minutes 1 hour 49 minutes
  • If you wish to backup the save area of the card to a SAV file, restart the tool, hit B on the first screen. The sav file will dump (this only takes a minute).

AdamPetty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for links,

I get to the point where it says click A and it does not reconize the card, how much is a normal amount of retries?

AdamPetty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks used new version and I get

reading header...
card id: 0x0
header readed...
reading secrure area...
secure cardid fail:319fbb77
init finished: (v00) (0)
dunp fail. extract card

set a target card

over and over again

AdamPetty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I've tried

Disney Magical Jewels
Phineas and Ferb
My Farm Aroudn the World
Animal Crossing

Did I mention I got these so I dont loose my kids games. :)

Does that fact that these were downloaded and are on the R4 card already have any effect?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you didn't like my first link as you have said nothing about it. So Rydian, a user here in the forums, wrote another great tutorial.

"The tool used to dump games is Wood Dumper.
  • Transfer that file to your Slot-1 flash card.
  • Run it.
  • When it tells you to "Set a target card", take your Slot-1 flash cart out and put the actual game cart in.
  • Press A, and then look for an IP address on the top screen.
  • Go to your computer, and open Firefox3+, IE8+ or Chrome 5+.
  • In the address bar, type "ftp://", then the IP address listed on the DS, followed by a colon, then the number 21. For example something like ftp://192.168.2.4:21.
  • If in firefox you get a message that the port is blocked, you need to unblock port 21. If not, skip this step.
    • In the address bar, type "about:config" with no quotes and press enter.
    • Agree to the warning.
    • Right-click in the window and choose New -> String.
    • For the name, type "network.security.ports.banned.override" with no quotes.
    • For the value, use "21" with no quotes.
    • Restart firefox and try again.
  • Just press enter if it asks you for a username and password.
  • The screen that shows up should list the game as a file. Click it to start downloading it from the DS."

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed you're using a 3DS to do the dumping. Hmmm........That is your problem. The slot-1 is cutting power and not allowing you to progress. Only one or two people have ever confirmed Wood Dumper to work with a DSi or 3DS as the device being used to do the dumping, which leads me to believe it really isn't possible at this point in time.

Please tell me you have an older DS or DS Lite to use?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're very welcome and sorry for the confusion. I hope your son doesn't lose his games but if he does...you now have backups and the knowledge to do future games :D

Reactions: 1 person

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Use wood wifi dumper v85

What You Will Need:
  • A Nintendo DS and original game cartridge you want to back up
  • A working DLDI compatible flash cart (R4, CycloDS Evo, etc)
  • A working wifi connection that you've tried with homebrew software
  • A working FTP server (we'll be using SmallFTPd on Windows)
  • Wood dumper v85 (Wifi)
  • Pure text editor (like Notepad)
Preparation:
  • On the PC Side:
    • Stop any and all firewalls, security software, etc.
    • Obtain your IP address (probably something like 198.162.0.10) Make a note of this address.
    • Create a folder on your hard drive called C:\temp if you don't already have one.
    • Download and extract SmallFTP.
    • Run SmallFTP (no installation required).
    • Under SETTINGS->GENERAL, change the port to 8080.

generalsettings.jpg
    • Under SETTINGS->ADVANCED, check USE LOCAL IP.

advance.jpg
    • Under SETTINGS->USERS. Hit ADD. Enter a login/password (for this document, use test/test). Under Directories, click ADD. Under PHYSICAL PATH, enter c:\temp. Under Permissions, hit ADD. Under Permissions, make it read LRW, then hit OK. Close out of settings.

directory.jpg

permissions.jpg
    • Under SERVER, click SAVE SETTINGS.
    • Click the PLAY button. It should say FTP SERVER IS RUNNING. If there is an error, you'll need to use a different port number.
Performing the Backup
  • Make sure the FTP is started on your PC.
  • Plug your DS into wall power. Start up your DS, and run the Backup Tool on your DS.
  • If your setup is good, you will see it successfully connect to your FTP server and you'll get a menu (in pretty bad Engrish). If not, go through the procedure above again.
  • You will be instructed to change your flash cart out for the game you want to dump. Put your game in, press A. If the tool says it doesn't recognize the cartridge, repeat this step until it does.
  • Hit R twice, and then hit B. Your game will start dumping. THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME. Below is a table that shows an estimate of how long each size game will take to dump.
4MB 8MB 16MB 32MB 64MB 128MB 3.5 minutes 7 minutes 13.5 minutes 27 minutes 54.5 minutes 1 hour 49 minutes
  • If you wish to backup the save area of the card to a SAV file, restart the tool, hit B on the first screen. The sav file will dump (this only takes a minute).
posts source :

http://teamcyclops.c...read.php?t=1942

a lil respect.

AdamPetty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You're very welcome and sorry for the confusion. I hope your son doesn't lose his games but if he does...you now have backups and the knowledge to do future games :D

The funny thing is this morning I was looking for hte carts I put away and could not find them. If I would have let them have them, they would have been all over the floor :) I put them in a safe spot LOL They were in a drawer someplace. Hidded from every one :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared