Hacking R4i 3DS broken? Not being detected on DS Lite!

xippilli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I'm a long time lurker. Just now having an issue with my r4 that I can't seem to find elsewhere.

My latest r4 firmware update crashed in the middle of updating. I've tried again, but now my cart isnt being read by my DS Lite at all. The DSL behaves as though there was no card inserted.

Is there a way I can hard reset my R4i 3DS in order to install firmware from square 1 instead of updating old firmware?

Or is this the end of the line for my flash card?

The card I have is the R4i 3DS. it has the WIFI logo on it, and is labeled with the site "www.r4i-SDHC.com".

If the card seems to be busted for good, what would be a great new alternative and where should I look to get it?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The firmware isn't operational so the cart's useless by itself right now. You'll need another flash cart to launch the update program on, then swap it out to stick your damaged cart in the slot and tell it to start applying the update. This trick only works on the DS/Lite, so if you have a DSi/3DS handy, remember they won't work.

If you're looking for a new one, check this, just updated it today to trim it down.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

If you just want a cheap cart to start the update with to fix your current, the original R4 would work on the DS Lite.

xippilli

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man. I dont think I have another R4 lying around, and I'm not sure if I want to get a second one just to update this one. :/

Thank you so much for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there