Hacking R4DS with full download play support?

SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance of the R4DS having full download support? If not, I'm probably ditching my R4 (which I just ordered) and buying a cyclo.

EDIT: Aparently some website clims that with 1.11 games like New Super Mario Bros work with download play on the R4. Is this true?

SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, ok. Sorry for the noobish topic. >_>

I've stuck with the SCSD and haven't done much research regarding any Slot-1s.

Is there any advantage the R4 has over the Cyclo or vice-versa?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cyclo has SDHC support, Wii Connect, in-game brightness adjustment uhh...

Full Download Play Compatibility (As of now, a few games like Cooking Mama 2 have problems on the R4; not that there was much to offer anyway)

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I definately think it's possible if other flashcarts can do it.

...or atleast 99% compatability, because there's always that one game that's a pooper.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the R4DS isn't a bad card or anything, it's an excellent card for a first time pirate
biggrin.gif

I have an R4DS and I've never had any problems with it. I have a CycloDS now too.

SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the R4DS isn't a bad card or anything, it's an excellent card for a first time pirate
biggrin.gif

I have an R4DS and I've never had any problems with it. I have a CycloDS now too.

I am not a first time pirate.
tongue.gif

I only purchased the R4 because it was recommended to me by someone in the GBAtemp IRC channel, but I've pirated lots of games before.
tongue.gif

Oh, and how is the CycloDS working out?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm lovin' it.

Seriously, it works so well. There are a few minor bugs but they are easily overlooked.

Heh, makes me want to buy a Cyclo even more. What're these bugs?

Also, any recommendations as to where I can sell my R4?

Well some games don't work with the Enhanced Mode (allows Slowdown mode, In-Game Brightness etc.)

Not that you'll use them all the time.

Can't you return it to the website where you bought it? If it's being shipped, you can still cancel it at most places.

SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm lovin' it.

Seriously, it works so well. There are a few minor bugs but they are easily overlooked.

Heh, makes me want to buy a Cyclo even more. What're these bugs?

Also, any recommendations as to where I can sell my R4?

Well some games don't work with the Enhanced Mode (allows Slowdown mode, In-Game Brightness etc.)

Not that you'll use them all the time.

Can't you return it to the website where you bought it? If it's being shipped, you can still cancel it at most places.

I purchased mine at GameYeeeah.com, but I'm not sure if I can cancel it, since I bought it in a bundle...
frown.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 isn't bad at all, in fact it is still a wonderful card in my opinion. The Wii connectivity issue is currently only with Pokemon (Geometry Wars works fine) but I think that's because the some code from the Pokemon cartridge is designed to read stored data from retail carts and isn't compatible with the R4. (This isn't a problem with me because I have a retail copy of Pearl
tongue.gif
)

The only thing the R4 is lacking in my opinion is SDHC, but that probably won't happen with a kernel update.

SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 isn't bad at all. The Wii connectivity issue is currently only with Pokemon (Geometry Wars works fine) but I think that's because the some code from the Pokemon cartridge is designed to read stored data from retail carts and isn't compatible with the R4. (This isn't a problem with me because I have a retail copy of Pearl
tongue.gif
)

The only thing the R4 is lacking in my opinion is SDHC, but that probably won't happen with a kernel update.

Well, I'm assuming SDHC is a hardware thing, making a kernel update impossible. Also, the Pokemon Wii connectivity thing also isn't an issue, I have a retain cart as well, but perhaps it won't work with other games?

I just want an R4 update with Wii connect support.
tongue.gif

(I don't care about the Slowdown mode thingy with the CycloDS, I have an overclocking chip installed in my DS that can slow it down and speed it up. Pwnage.)

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
It works fine with Geometry Wars AFAIK, the only other Wii/DS game to use connectivity. The Wii connectivity issue should be limited to Pokemon the way I see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1