R4DS - Version 1 I think

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MizuhoChan, Jul 4, 2008.

1. MizuhoChan
    OP

MizuhoChan GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    I've got an R4DS and the spring has broken, hence I think it's version 1. As far as I know, SDHC cards don't work with it, but I'm not sure of the top limit that can be used, so I've found a 2gb card from play.com, a 2gb from amazon and a 4gb from amazon. I'm just wondering which would be best to get, since I'm using the 1gb card that I got with it.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3251...&dpr=154439
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...m=AIIIBXD0UP9CY
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-4GB-Micro-...ref=pd_sbs_ce_1

Appreciate any help you guys can give =)

2. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    An R4 can take 2GB max, so just get the cheaper 2GB one, though my real advice is ditch that R4, get a better card and a SDHC.

3. MizuhoChan
    OP

May 29, 2008
    What better card is there? I've had my R4 for about 6 months, but didn't see the need to check for new ones. Which support SDHC?

4. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    My opinions is that the good ones are CycloDS Evo, Acekard, M3 Real and the Supercard. All these support SDHC. I suppose the Edge (an Evo clone) is good for a cheap solution too. Read the GBAtemp reviews for more info, so you know what you want to get. [​IMG]

5. MizuhoChan
    OP

May 29, 2008
    I'll read up on those then, thanks =)

6. Aznhiga13

Aznhiga13 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    If you didnt see the news about the cyclo, you can buy it on dealextreme now for a heck of a price. Im just letting you know since the price on these cards are really high on other sites. trust me, i have the exact same R4 and i'm definitely going to switch because i am afraid of the spring breaking too. Good luck on the search for a card.

7. starfox468

starfox468 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2007
    Canada
    Hiding In Your House
    Holy crap your right!! Cyclos are $35 on dx now, thats how much I payed for my edge there a 3 months ago!!

8. Aznhiga13

Aznhiga13 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    hmm, maybe i should keep that on the down low, lol. Its an awesome deal, but you'll have to wait like a week till they start shipping orders. And if you ask around, DX doesnt ship that fast. So if you're up for waiting, i think its worth the money. I need to order it soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice