Hacking R4DS TRIMMER AND SAVE CONVERTER

bangchikipupu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good evening evreyone sorry for my poor english but i have recently bought R4DS after reading some forums and seeing some Kick ass skins great job guys great job but at the end of the day i cant help but notice the software thats bundled with the r4 (Trimmer and save converter) sucks major donkey balls ass i mean you have to do it one by one w/c is time consuming now my question is

1. will they update the trimmer? im no programmer and adding batch conversion seems easy but i know it will take a lot of work do you know anyone currently working on a alternative? or people just dont mind the hassle

2. Is the r4's moonshell replacable? will we able to update it to 1.6 and how?

sorry for the questions

P.S
great respect for the guy who created thos R4 skin template, dude you save my day
smile.gif
and for those guys who keep on making skins ( and mavis for hosting) thank you im planning on making one but i dont have a photoshop

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the first question, they may be working on it.

Yes you can change the moonshell, in fact you can change it to run any homebrew you like (provided it is compatible). Search it up, it's been said many times

bangchikipupu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx ok i will search for it after trimming all my roms. damn my SCL rumble is useless now any reason to keep it? and btw i heard snes emu for r4 is working and whats this DLDI thingy?

bangchikipupu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx comapro
ok i give up i dont know how to update the built in moonshell on the r4ds im really a noob on this do i have to simply change th files inside the moonshell folder with the latest or is it more complicated? i really dont have a clue at all even google wont help me
smile.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4's utils are crap, of course we are going to blame them.

You also suck
nyanya.gif

Im sure it will only be a matter of time before they make it batch friendly and/or fixes their trimmer to work properly.
To be honest with you people, you are complaining too much. The R4 team included a microSD reader along with their R4 product.. what happends? A few gets a faulty one and hell breaks lose.

and now this. How many developers have actually included a trimmer/save converter to their format right from the start? This is luxury people, they had no need to include neither of those stuff and just let some random programmer make a save converter in a few months.
The trimmer and the save converter does what it is suppose to do. It's not perfect, but it's not something the R4 team deserves to be crucified for.

So stop being so picky and be grateful for their work.. you bunch of nosepickers
tongue.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I've found the save converter and trimmer to be invaluble. Did about 20 at the start but even without a batch option it didn't take to long. And now I just put games on one at a time usually and I'll probably never convert a save again so it doesn't bother me.

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Actualy I have to recall that Using the R4 Save Converter Has Helped me Out loads with Animal Crossing Save Editor and Nintendogs Editor too
smile.gif
!!!

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first question, they may be working on it.

Yes you can change the moonshell, in fact you can change it to run any homebrew you like (provided it is compatible). Search it up, it's been said many times

Ok, I just searched for this and it took me way too long and the solution is way too simple.

For anyone interested:
QUOTEby default the M3 DS Simply loads Moonshell when you choose the middle icon, however this does not need to be the case, simply connect your microSD card to your computer and find the file '_DS_MSHL.NDS' this is Moonshell, rename ths to anything you like (e.g. Moonshell.nds) also find '_DS_MSHL.SAV' and rename this the same way (e.g. Moonshell.sav).

Now find your homebrew and copy this to the root of your microSD card, i've used DSOrganize. Rename this file to '_DS_MSHL.NDS'
Plug your microSD card back into yor M3 and now choose the middle icon, your choosen homebrew game/application loads
tongue.gif

You can still load Moonshell by going to Game and loading your renamed Moonshell file.

I will post a video of this on youtube or something tommorow.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/451129

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4