ByronFortescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

I just bought an Acekard 2 to replace my R4DS.. Everything works fine, except the .SAV files.. running the latest firmware 4.14

I first renamed all my .SAVs to .nds.sav

This doesn't help, Acekard just makes a new .sav file with .nds.nds.sav (that means it actually sees there is already a .nds.sav file)

Then tried to just make a new .nds.sav with the acekard, trashing that and renaming the old r4ds .sav to .nds.sav

I took all these pointers from different other topics about this issue here on the forums..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and greetings,

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you may have your ROM's named filename.nds.nds (maybe you don't realize it because you have viewing of the filename extensions turned off on your PC).

The Acekard 2, by default, will just append ".sav" onto whatever your ROM is named (including extension).

-Bri

ByronFortescue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fixed it..

Mac OS has some nasty habit of putting all kinds of invisible stuff inside folders and drives.. which makes Acekard believes they are not save files or something

Beware if you are on Mac and trying to get your r4ds .SAVs to work with Acekard, that you have to rename every .SAV to .nds.sav first and then remove all the .* (hidden files), with the terminal for example (get sudo priviliges), then close the terminal window (else finder will say card is still being used), then eject the card..

If you need more detailed instructions, PM me
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
as of the official 4.14 all saves use .sav extension. .nds.sav is reserved for the multiple save slots. acekard said to rename all main saves to .sav. i would recommend that you actually use akaio as your firmware. it has a vast amount of improvement over the official firmware, it also includes support for both .sav and .nds.sav. so you wouldn't have to do any renaming at all, just set the options in akaio. the 1.4 release which came out a few days ago can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134804

-another world

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly why you should use a PC - I have to say, PC>Mac.

Didn't the latest firmware have capability of using .sav files but with no multiple slots?
EDIT - Was written while Another World was posting
tongue.gif

Fat_Matt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My R4 sav files where named '.SAV' in caps; when I added the '.nds' to the extension Acekard still didn't recognise it. In the end I had to change the '.SAV' extension to lower case so that it was '.nds.sav' and not '.nds.SAV'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over