R4DS Skin Creator

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ninjalocke, Oct 29, 2007.

1. ninjalocke
    OP

ninjalocke Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2007
    Canada
    Alright, I REALLY don't know where to put this, so I'll put it here...how do you create R4 DS skins? I downloaded a program, but its a .dll file, so I don't know how to open it and use it...I read some forums and they say that all it is is a picture, but what about the 3 buttons in the main menu? How does that work, and can any one help me?

2. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    it's just normal pictures, the 3 buttons are just set locations on the picture

3. Little

Little I r Little

Nov 20, 2006
    England
    What program are you going to be using to make it?

There's some great photoshop templates that have a layer showing you exactly which elements go where. As you said there is some actual fan made skin creator program but that puts in a watermark.... which will make any skin look naff in a second, especially when it is just a BMP picture file... hardly anything taxing.

This is from that good R4 skin site, but i moved everything around a bit and it put it together in one file with the right separation. When it's a PSD all the elements are in different layers which you can hide/show when you need. When you export/splice the final thing you make sure all the layers are hidden, because the R4 itself adds on the features =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]