R4DS questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by auggi, Jun 5, 2007.

Jun 5, 2007

R4DS questions by auggi at 1:15 PM (839 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. auggi
    OP

Newcomer auggi Member

Denmark
    Hi

I am about to order some DS, and i just need to be certain that i am not wrong in the following:

I can buy an retail DS (there comes powersupply with this right?) and without doing anything(flashing) i can insert the R4DS and play Nintendo DS roms?

Another queston i have - there are many discussions about M3 or R4DS. But from what i have seen, it looks like i should go with the R4 because of the better support?

And the last question [​IMG] some guys are recommending http://dealextreme.com/ or their great prices. Are they safe to order from?

2. DarkMatt

Newcomer DarkMatt Advanced Member

Australia
    Yup, the R4DS will work on a retail DS without flashing. All you need is the R4 and a Micro SD card. As for R4 vs M3DSS, The R4 is cheaper and the updates come out first (usually), so most people I know of went for the R4. They're the same card [​IMG]

No idea about deal extreme, haven't ordered from them. Bamboogaming (google [​IMG] ) is where I ordered my stuff from and they were great. [​IMG]

3. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
  4. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Use Dealextreme and.
    Buy a R4.
    The M3S is the same as a R4.
    Some people can even get M3S firmware on the R4.
    So chose the R4!

5. yukine

Member yukine GBAtemp Regular

United States
    R4 and M3S are the same card, it's just most people get the R4 as it can typically be found for cheaper for whatever reason.

DealExtreme is a great website, I order from them regularly.

And yes, you don't need to flash or do anything to your DS. All you do is put your microSD card into the reader and then into your computer, drag over the firmware files and any roms and then put the microSD into your R4 and you're good to go. It's very simple.

6. Xcursion

Member Xcursion GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I suggest getting an R4 and your microSD card at DealExtreme. You can get a bundle of the R4 and Kingston 1GB microSD card here for $46.95. You could also save some money and get the two of them seperate with the R4 being $31.95 and the Kingston 1GB microSD card for $13.00 for a total of $44.95 saving you a couple dollars. You could also get their bundle that has a 2GB Sandisk microSD card for $59.95. Their prices do go up and down from time to time.

7. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    get a R4DS the R4DS gets there updates before the M3 simply

8. PuyoDead

Member PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    I can also speak for dealextreme being a great site. I ordered 1 R4DS + 1GB card, and got it in a little under 2 weeks (I'm in USA, Ohio). After being fully satisfied with that, I ordered another (for my girlfriend), and a green laser pointer (it's awesome!), and got the same quick shipping (quick considering where it's coming from, and for free shipping). They use paypal, so you're pretty much safe for payments.

As for the R4 itself, I used to use a DSX, and it's a world of difference switching to the R4. Pretty much everything about it is better, and I'm fully in love with it.

9. arthurkok2

Member arthurkok2 GBAtemp Regular

Canada